2nd Hexare Lancers
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Second Hexare Lancers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2452)|
|Parent Formation||Sianese Lancers|
The Second Hexare Lancers was a regional military command within the St. Ives Mercantile League mustered in 2355. The Second continued to serve the Capellan Confederation after the founding of the Confederation a decade later, and would often serve on the border with the Free Worlds League.
In June or July 2451 Chancellor Duncan Liao took bad advice from counsellors concerned with the growing influence of Ral Merik, one of Duncan's Generals; attempting to limit Merik's influence by reducing the size of his regiment, Merik's Grenadiers, by half, Duncan instead prompted Merik and his command to mutiny. One of the elite regiments within the Capellan Hussars brigade, the Grenadiers staged a revolt that was planned and executed well, and led to them capturing Duncan and holding him hostage.
In February 2452 Duncan committed suicide, and his sister Jasmine swiftly declared herself Chancellor. Within an hour, Jasmine had ordered the Second Hexare Lancers - the regiment she commanded as Colonel - into battle against the Grenadiers, and the Lancers would fight against the Grenadiers for two days, with Jasmine repeatedly refusing requests from the Grenadiers to surrender. By the 1st of March the Grenadiers had been wiped out, and following her official confirmation as Chancellor after Duncan's state funeral, Jasmine's first act was to designate the Lancers as her personal household guard. The Lancers were inducted into the Capellan Hussars and renamed, serving thereafter as the Red Lancers.
In 2452 the Commanding Officer of the Second was Jasmine Liao.
The Second Hexare Lancers were most likely associated with the planet Hexare, but it is unclear if the designation of the regiment as the Second Hexare Lancers indicated the existence of a First Hexare Lancers or if, in common with other commands such as the Liao Lancers brigade, the Second Hexare Lancers were the second regiment in a brigade associated with multiple worlds.
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 7, "Capellan Hussars"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 77, "Red Lancers"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 34, "Tribulations"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 19, "The Time of Tribulation"