2nd Magistracy Highlanders
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|2nd Magistracy Highlanders|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Long's Light Lancers|
|Parent Formation||Magistracy Highlanders|
During the Pirates War the Second was assigned to reinforce the Screaming Eagles mercenary unit. The Screaming Eagles and the Highlanders didn't get along, and this lack of coordination led to several instances of preventable collateral damage. After a reprimand from the MAF High Command, the two units worked together, but the Screaming Eagles didn't renew their contract. The Second returned to Luxen and was officially sworn in as a line regiment shortly after the Screaming Eagles left the Magistracy in 3059. The Screaming Eagles lost a regiment to a misjump, and to honor the lost troops the Second Highlanders changed their insignia to an eagle whose wings guard Canopus.
During the Jihad the Second and First Magistracy Highlanders joined forces to push Word of Blake troops out of the Magistracy.
The Dark Age
Immediately after the Jihad ended, the Second was deployed to Addasar. They were then sent to Fanardir to keep watch over the Free Worlds League border. The Highlanders dealt with several raids from former League forces, the most notable was a raid by troops based at Aspropirgos. In that raid the Second's CO, Colonel Dorothy Skaw, was killed. The Second landed on Aspropirgos and destroyed every DropShip and shipyard on the world in retaliation. The Second then returned to Fanardir.
By 3145 the Second Magistracy Highlanders were possibly the skilled unit in the Magistracy Armed Forces, a result of the fifteen-year posting to the border between the Taurian Concordat and the Capellan Confederation that began in 3122. The Highlanders were deployed across the worlds of Brisbane, Bromhead and Laconis, all worlds that the Confederation seized from the Concordat during the Dark Age, and as a result the Highlanders had to deal with the Taurian Defense Force continually raiding the three worlds. It was only with the frequency of the Taurian attacks dropping in 3137 and the deployment of CCAF regiments to garrison the worlds that the Highlanders were rotated back to Magistracy space, with Magestrix Ilsa Centrella instructing that the Highlanders be brought home for refitting.
This command uses hide and seek tactics to destroy the enemy in long run battles.
- CO: Colonel Dorothy Skaw
- 2nd Battalion: Major R. T. Denton
- 3rd Battalion: Major Nellie Chingrazi
- Infantry Commander: Major James Inman
Second Magistracy Highlanders (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Galdys Brown
Second Highlander Infantry Guard (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel James Inman
Second Magistracy Highlanders (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Mable Payne
Second Highlanders Infantry Guard (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Lorena Silva
- - At this point the Highlanders were deployed across Borgan's Rift and New Abilene and were operating at eighty-five to ninety percent of full strength.
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 41
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 143
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 191
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 201, "Magistracy Armed Forces Deployment Table"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 139
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 193, "Magistracy Highlanders"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 41, "1st Magistracy Highlanders Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 149, "MAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 201, "Magistracy Highlanders"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 151