2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry
|2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
Third Succession War
In 3007 the regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry raided New Valencia, baseworld of Wolf's Dragoons. Though they seized several small communities, the Dragoons were able to hold off the Armored Cavalry units long enough for the Eridani Light Horse regiments to arrive. The MAC regiments didn't inflict any damage to the Dragoons, but did raze several villages.
Fourth Succession War
During the St. Ives conflict known as "Cristobel's Regiment" and in 3025 as "Barton's Regiment".
In the 4th Succession War all regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry except for the 1st were stationed on Menke. They later fought along campaign to defend Sarna but had to retreated off world as Davion reinforcements arrived in the end phase of the war.
War of 3039
Xin Sheng Campaign
In 3066 the Second MAC and Ambermarle's Highlanders landed on Zion, disrupting the 3rd Free Worlds Guards and preventing them from attacking the Capellan Confederation. The two units ripped into the Guards, only returning to Capellan space after several strongly worded orders from the Strategios. They were stationed on Menke in 3067.
While fighting on New Aragon in 3077, Angel Bodez was killed. Rhamses McCarron was appointed to take her place. In 3079 the unit was broken into two smaller units and stationed on Nanking and Arboris.
During the Capellan Confederation's assault on The Republic of the Sphere, the First and Second MAC were assigned to Gan Singh. While there the VIII Hastati Sentinels and several regiments of Principes Guards destroyed the First MAC. The Second MAC then tore into the Eighth Hastati, but were eventually pushed off of Gan Singh. This severe fighting reduced them to a third of their nominal strength. They were assigned to garrison Mitchel in 3085.
Ramses McCarron carried a grudge against the Republic for the death of his sister, Faith, but wasn't able to fight them directly. Instead the Second used their anger to spur them into action during the Victoria War. They eventually had to retreat, but were satisfied with their performance. The Second fought on New Aragon, Hunan, and Halloran V later on, but they were stopped by the defenders of Kansu. They later withdrew as part of the CCAF's general retreat.
In 3144 elements of the Second MAC landed on Liao in order to return the world to the Capellan Confederation. The Second MAC used fast strikes to put the Republic defenders (the V Triarii Protectors and the V Principes Guards) on the defensive. As time passed the Republic forces were able to recover, but when the Second MAC joined forces with students from the Liao Conservatory of Military Arts and the fighters from a local terrorist movement, the Republic started to crumble. The arrival of the Dynasty Guard only accelerated the process. Infighting among the Republic forces led to a breakdown in command structure, and the Capellan forces were successful in their bid to remove Liao from the Republic. They also fought on Gan Singh as part of this operation.
December 3144 found the Second fighting on New Hessen. They took the world for the Capellan Confederation. This assault was led by Sao-shao Danai Liao-Centrella. Near the same time, they assaulted Yangtze and Alrescha before taking part in the capture of Tikonov.
The unit counter any development with unorthodox tactics. Often the enemy is lured in a trap.
Barton's Regiment (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Marcus Baxter
- 1st Battalion: Major Sally Mardox
- 2nd Battalion: Major Patric Hurn
- 3rd Battalion: Major Sam Christobal
Barton's Regiment (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Samuel Christobal
- CO: Sang-shao Angel Bodez
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Frank Doyle
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Rhamses McCarron
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao William Styles
- 1st Battalions third Company fielded two OmniMech lances but the inexpierenced mechanics could not handle the maintaince of the the machines forced the command to replace them with Inner Sphere designs.
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Eng Sung
- The unit use special improved fighters with higher speed as normal expected to suprise their enemy.
Angel's Gypsies (1 Reinforced Regiment/Elite/Fanatical)
- Task Commander: Zhong-shao Desmond Hernandez
- 1st Battalion - Desmond Devils:The subcommand use a mix of heavy armor vehicles and Battle Armor.
- 2nd Battalion: The 2nd contains artillery and security details.
- 3rd Battalion - McCarron's Moths: The light hovercrafts are supported by VTOLs and aircrafts. The unit fields also paratroopers and special scout teams.
- 4th Battalion: The last battalion are spezialiced in urban fighting. The heavy infatry is supported by armor.
- CO: Sang-shao Lord Marcus Baxter
- The unit includes three companies:
- 1st Company: 8 Regulator tanks support the lance of assault mechs.
- 2nd Company: The 3 armor lance provide additional security to the overall commander of the McCarrons Brigade.
- 3rd Company: The squadron of figthers are all heavy an support the other two companies of the Battalion.
2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Angel Bodez
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Rikkardo Monsilori
Angel's Gypsies (4 Battalion's/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Desmond Hernandez
2nd McCarron's (Rhamses' Regiment) (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Rhamses McCarron
McCarron's Armored Mosquitoes (4 Flights/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Adwin Trotter
Rhamses' Gypsies (4 Battalion's/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Sasha Vasilyev
- 2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry - Third Battalion (2 mixed 'Mech Companies, 1 Fire Support Company)
2nd McCarron’s Armored Cavalry (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Shaiming Tao
McCarron's Armored Mosquitoes (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Sze Lung How
- CO: Sang-shao Robert Turin
- CO: Zhong-shao Travis Mann
- McCarron’s Commando is the MAC's overall command unit. While administratively attached to the Second Regiment, it can attach itself to any of the other Regiments in the organization.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 10
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 35
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 88, "2nd McCarron's Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 13
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 26
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 43
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 66
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 15
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 26
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 44
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 6
- Era Report: 3145, p. 24
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 26
- Era Report: 3145, p. 35
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 95, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 8
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3145"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140
- Principles of Desolation, p. ??
- 20 Year Update
- Dagger Point (novel)
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Principles of Desolation (novel)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
- Wolf's Dragoons