2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||New Ivaarsen Chasseurs|
Fourth Succession War
During the Fourth Succession War the Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs were deployed to New Hessen. There they faced the 2nd New Hessen Irregulars. The Irregulars attempted to use their superior knowledge of the terrain to destroy the Chasseurs, but the Chasseurs were able to seize Buchvaal, the planet's capital.
In 3050, they were defeated by Clan Jade Falcon on Anywhere during the first wave of Operation Revival, facing the 8th Falcon Regulars. The Chasseurs had just been rotated to the planet, and were unfamiliar with its terrain. It is unclear if any of the Chasseurs made it off planet. As of 3054, they were still considered inactive.
The unit was rebuilt in 3062 with new academy graduates from New Ivaarsen. Their sister regiment transferred many experienced officers and non-commissioned officers into the unit, but it was only with extensive training and preparation that the unit was able to come together.
Like the First New Ivaarsen Chasseurs, the Second did not participate in the FedCom Civil War. Instead they were kept on New Ivaarsen to protect that world. After the FedCom Civil War ended, the Second was transferred to Dobson to guard the Draconis Combine/Federated Suns border.
During the early years of the Jihad the Second raided Galedon to liberate several prisoner of war camps. They were joined by the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry and 2nd Robinson Rangers. After making planetfall, the unit was exposed to the "Curse of Galedon" plague and most of the soldiers died. The few survivors made it to An Ting, but the unit was destroyed.
The reconstituted Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs were stationed on Barlowe's End when the Draconis Combine invaded. They pulled back and left the world to the Ryuken-roku. During the withdrawal, they deployed a platoon of Destrier Siege Vehicles to cover their movements.
- As of 3050, the commanding officer was Leftenant General Jacob Greensville. 
- As of 3062, the commanding officer was Leftenant General Winona Stephenson-Voss. 
Because the unit was only recently formed they have yet to develop any unique battlefield tactics.
2nd New Ivaarsen Chausseurs (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Reginald Stephenson
2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Winona Stephenson-Voss
- CO: Light Commodore Anya Velacek
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One, pp. 10-11
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 36
- Objective Raids
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 99, "2nd New Ivaarsen Chasseurs Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 131
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 140
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 8
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 28
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 138 (pdf version), "Kestrel Combat Region"
- 20 Year Update p. 25
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 136