2nd New Samarkand Regulars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Second New Samarkand Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Pride left Weisau |
|Parent Formation||New Samarkand Regulars|
The Second New Samarkand Regulars were formed from the survivors of the Second Dieron Regulars. As the inheritors of that unit's long and proud history, they were very upset when the Republic of the Sphere took control of many former Dieron Military District worlds. The unit only calmed down when their commanders met with the Gunji-no-Kanrei and expressed their concerns. After that meeting the Second became one of the most vocal supporters of their reassignment to a new District.
In 3083 they were still known as the Second Dieron Regulars, and raided Weisau. They inflicted heavy losses on the defenders, only withdrawing because two supporting strikes by the Galedon Regulars failed.
After the Blackout and the re-creation of the Dieron Military District, the Second lost several warriors to the newly re-formed Second Dieron Regulars. These troops were descendants of the members of the original Second Dieron Regulars who formed the Second New Samarkand Regulars after the Jihad. These troops were highly skilled, but the remaining Regulars were still capable. They took heavy losses during their conquest of Tsamma. They were stationed on Tsamma in 3145, and like the other New Samarkand Regulars units they possessed only two 'Mech battalions at this time.
The Second was commanded by Tai-sa Young Knowles in 3145.
Second New Samarkand Regulars (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Enobarbus Kedzierski
Second New Samarkand Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Cho-sa Haru Tsukino
Second New Samarkand Armor (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Timotheus Pellegrino
Second New Samarkand Infantry (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Tai-sa Elsdon Coel
Second New Samarkand Regulars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Young Knowles
Second New Samarkand Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Cho-sa Sozui Teshigahara
Second New Samarkand Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Brooks Alston
Second New Samarkand Infantry (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Tai-sa Cortez Alvarado
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 41, "Second New Samarkand Regulars"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 50, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 55, "Second New Samarkand Regulars"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 66, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"