2nd Viper Guards (Clan Steel Viper)
|2nd Viper Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
In September 3053, the Second Viper Guards assaulted Antares in conjunction with the First Viper Guards as a diversion from the main Viper attack on Graus. Here the Guards faced the Second Falcon Jaegers and the 5th Battle Cluster with the assistance of the planetary population. The latter factor allowed the Guards to gain the upper hand and force the Jade Falcon forces off world.
The Wars of Reaving
At the end of 3072 Alpha Galaxy arrived at Hellgate surprising a small Coyote fleet. The Vipers won the ensuing naval battle and landed the Second Viper Guards on planet to investigate why the Coyotes had been interested in the world.The Second landed on the outskirts of Gehenna City having received no replies to their hails. Star Colonel Geoff Mercer moved to take the city. As the Guards approached through the only mountain pass they were ambushed by Society bandits. The bandits brought down part of the mountainside on top of the Guards, blocking the pass and killing a third of the Second's warriors including Star Colonel Mercer. The second was forced to withdraw. Galaxy Commander Hoskins then ordered the orbital bombardment of Gehenna City and other settlements across the planet, leaving few alive when Alpha departed.
Second Viper Guards 
- Cluster Command Star (1 OmniMech Star)
- Trinary Alpha (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Bravo (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Charlie (1 OmniMech/Elemental Nova, 2 Elemental Stars)
- Trinary Delta (1 OmniMech/Elemental Nova, 2 Elemental Stars)
- Trinary Echo (3 OmniFighter Stars)
Second Viper Guards - Elite/Fanatical 
- 5 Trinaries
- Invading Clans, p. 90
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165
- The Wars of Reaving, p.111-112
- Invading Clans, p. 92
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 143, "2nd Viper Guards Profile"