301st Division (ComStar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|301st Division IV- phi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||2nd Army|
Clan Invasion and Battle of Tukayyid
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, the regular ranked 301st Division, a Lambda level mix referred to by the nickname of White Sharks, was assigned to the Second Army and was headquartered on the Federated Suns world of Tancredi IV.
Along with a number of other divisions of the 2nd Army, the 301st was assigned to reinforce the Eighth Army's efforts against Clan Diamond Shark during the Battle of Tukayyid. After the division's of the Eighth Army tied up the frontline clusters of the Shark's Alpha and Gamma Galaxies and the defeat of Clan Smoke Jaguar freed up the Fifth Army's and the other divisions of the Second, the Sharks were totally unprepared when the fresh troops of the 5th Army performed a combat drop behind their front lines. The 301st then joined the 82nd and 182nd Divisions in advancing into the valley, neatly cutting off the shocked Diamond Sharks from their landing zones and supply depots. Unable to break stranglehold of the encircled Com Guard forces, only the arrival and sacrifice of the reserve forces of the Freeborn 3rd Shark Regulars allowed the shattered Sharks to withdraw in defeat.  
Like many Com Guard Divisions, the now veteran rated 301st Division chose a new nickname after their efforts on Tukayyid, calling itself Shark Bait. Rebuilt as a IV-phi formation, the 82nd transferred its headquarters to Draconis Combine world of An Ting.  Responsible for large swathe of worlds in the Spinward portion of Kurita realm along the Combine-Federated Suns border, the 301st's wide deployment played havoc with the timely delivery of supplies and material, with everything from ammunition to mail suffering significant delays and negatively effecting the unit's morale. 
With the reduction of the Clan threat in the wake of the Great Refusal, newly invested Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion attempted to redress this by ordering diversion of extra vessels to improve the situation, boosting the unit's mood immeasurably.  Unfortunately by the 3067 the situation had reoccurred once more, with the 301st receiving only a fraction of its intended supplies. While the Com Guard quartermasters denied responsibility for the delays and shortfalls, the 301st's morale again began to bottom out once more.
- As of 3067 the 301st was under the command of Precentor Fibber Walton, who had been in command from at least 3055.   
- 301st Division (White Sharks IV-lambda)
- 301st Division (Shark Bait IV-phi)
- 301st Division (Shark Bait IV-phi) 
- The Shark Skinners III-phi: Demi-Precentor X Ada Howes
- Barbed Hook III-psi: Demi-Precentor V Rita Antunovich
- High Rollers III-phi: Demi-Precentor VI Brian Splitt
- Strength Of Union III-chi: Demi-Precentor V Barbara Wraas
- Roiling Waters III-upsilon: Demi-Precentor II Baldev Patel
- Focht's Gladiators III-tau: Demi-Precentor X Masaru Maru
- 301st Division (Shark Bait IV-phi) 
- 20-Year Update, p. 70 "2nd V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, pp. 69-77 "Campaign: Clan Diamond Shark"
- Invading Clans, p. 141 "Baptism of Fire"
- ComStar, p. 84, "2nd Army V-mu (The Iron Warriors, Fomalhaut Theatre, from 2 to 3 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 23, "2nd Army V-Mu: The Iron Warriors"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 84, "2nd Army V-Mu (The Iron Warriors)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "2nd Army V-Mu (The Iron Warriors)"