308th Division (ComStar)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|308th Division IV-xi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Clarity of Thought (3050)|
Winged Divinity (3062)
|Parent Formation||First Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Almost completely destroyed by Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, the 308th Division has more than justified the cost in rebuilding it by playing an important role in securing the Exodus Road for ComStar.
Prior to the Clan Invasion, the regular ranked 308th Division was known by the nickname of Clarity of Thought and was assigned to the First Army, its headquarters on the Draconis Combine world of Benjamin.
During the Battle of Tukayyid the First Army was tasked with defeating Clan Ghost Bear, with the Three-Hundred and Eighth launching an unsuccessful series of hit and run attacks as the Bear's Alpha Galaxy advanced toward the target city of Spananc.  By the time Alpha had reached the outskirts of Spananc, they had reduced the 308th to little more than a single Level III. 
Bloodied by unbowed, after the capture of Spananc the remains of the Three-Hundred and Eighth continued to dog Alpha as veteran Galaxy redeployed for a renewed attempt to take Luk. When the relatively untried Fourth Army charged with defending it came close to breaking under the Clan assault, the 103rd Division redeemed its loss of Spananc by launching an assault in-conjunction with the remaining elements of the 308th that succeeded in capturing Alpha Galaxy's main supply depot. Forcing them to turn back to retake the now vital supplies, Alpha succeeded but suffered such heavy losses in the process that it was forced to retreat back to Spananc, leaving Luk in Com Guard hands. 
Due in part to its actions in saving Luk, Precentor Martial Focht agonized whether to merge the survivors of the Three-Hundred and Eighth with another Division, ultimately allowing it to rebuild as a independent unit.  Remaining with the First Army, like many Com Guard Divisions the 308th chose a new nickname after that climatic battle, calling itself Winged Divinity, transferring its headquarters to Pesht. The Three-Hundred and Eighth finally returned to full strength in 3057, just in time to play a key role in extracting Blake's Wrath agent Judith Faber and Clan Smoke Jaguar defector Trent during a Jaguar raid on Maldonado in 3058, securing the Exodus Road for ComStar. 
While taking part in Operation Bulldog, the Three-Hundred and Eighth played a support role and was charged with securing the supply lines for local units taking part in each successive wave. Despite missing out on the fighting, even during Smoke Jaguar's counterattack assault on Pesht, the 308th built a good rapport with local DCMS and Clan Nova Cat forces thanks to a succession of DCMS-sponsored exercises between all parties. 
|Commanding Officers of the 308th Division|
|Precentor||Sverina Tunnel||3049 - 3050|
|Precentor||Karl Karter||- 3058|
|Precentor||Ernst Keller||3058 - 3067|
The 308th make extensive use of AeroSpace Fighter support for combat and reconnaissance.
308th Division (Division/Regular)
308th Division (Division/Regular)
- The Remnants III-mu - Demi-Precentor X Rebecca Iriarte
- Lineholders III-xi - Demi-Precentor II Donald Blair
- New Vanguard III-nu - Demi-Precentor IV Kevin Mese
- The Dragon's Allies III-xi - Precentor I James Willson
- Angel of Mercy III-omicron - Demi-Precentor X Alfred Steil
- Extreme Warfare III-pi - Demi-Precentor IX Armand Lavalle
- The insignia of the Three-Hundred and Eighth Division is winged sword before a black disc.
- 20-Year Update, p. 70 "1st V-iota"
- Tukayyid, p. 48, "Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 21, "1st Army V-Kappa: The Bear Maulers"
- ComStar, p. 84, "1st Army V-kappa"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 84, "1st Army V-Kappa (The Bear Maulers)"