309th Division (ComStar)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|309th Division IV-mu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Purpose, Always Purpose (3050)|
|Parent Formation||First Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
While the bulk of the First Army was selected to face Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, the 309th was assigned to bolster the forces detailed to fight Clan Jade Falcon. Activated to halt the Falcons' retreat off Tukayyid, the Three-Hundred and Ninth confronted the elite Second Falcon Jaegers. In some of the most bloodthirsty fighting to have occurred on Tukayyid, both units practically destroyed each other, the green 309th inflicting nearly 70% losses on the Jaegers, but suffering even worse damage in return.  
Despite its valiant efforts against the Jaegers, with almost all its equipment lost and so few of the unit's members left alive, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the Three-Hundred and Ninth Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
As of 3052 the unit-CO was Precentor Rennard Thordarson, who had commanded the 309th since at least 3050.  Piloting an Atlas on Tukayyid, Thordarson was among the nine 'Mechs from the Three-Hundred and Ninth personally destroyed by ristar and future Jade Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde. 
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "1st V-iota"
- Tukayyid, p. 58 "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 95 "Taking Wing: Operation Revival and Beyond (3048-3057)"