309th Division (ComStar)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|309th Division IV-mu|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Purpose, Always Purpose|
|Parent Formation||First Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
While the bulk of the First Army was selected to face Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid, the 309th was assigned to bolster the forces detailed to fight Clan Jade Falcon. Activated to halt the Falcons' retreat off Tukayyid, the Three-Hundred and Ninth confronted the elite Second Falcon Jaegers. In some of the most bloodthirsty fighting to have occurred on Tukayyid, both units practically destroyed each other, the green 309th inflicting nearly 70% losses on the Jaegers, but suffering even worse damage in return.  
Despite its valiant efforts against the Jaegers, with almost all its equipment lost and so few of the unit's members left alive, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the Three-Hundred and Ninth Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
As of 3052 the unit-CO was Precentor Rennard Thordarson, who had commanded the 309th since at least 3050.  Piloting an Atlas on Tukayyid, Thordarson was among the nine 'Mechs from the Three-Hundred and Ninth personally destroyed by ristar and future Jade Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde. 
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "1st V-iota"
- Tukayyid, p. 58 "Campaign: Clan Jade Falcon"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 32 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 95 "Taking Wing: Operation Revival and Beyond (3048-3057)"