328th Royal BattleMech Division
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|328th Royal BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||XLVI Corps|
The 328th Royal BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was one of the SLDF's Royal units, which consisted of troops from the Terran Hegemony. Thanks to the unwavering loyalty shown by the 328th, it survived the formation of the Clans to become the 328th Assault Cluster of Clan Wolf.
Prior to the Fall of the Star League, the 328th was assigned to garrison the world of Taurus. There the unit's 3286th Heavy Assault Regiment, composed completely of Stalker BattleMechs, would demonstrate close order drill every year on Star League Day. Many considered the display both inspiring and terrifying.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLVI Corps, Nineteenth Army, of the Periphery Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 328th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784. At a mere handful, the 328th was noted as having largest volume of Excalibur BattleMechs to survive the liberation of Terra.
The |328th was one of the few units allowed to keep its history alive after the formation of the Clans by Nicholas Kerensky and all military assets where reorganized. They received this honor because of their unwavering support of Nicholas Kerensky. This recognition of their pre-Clan roots upset several other units who challenged the 328th to several Trials of Grievance.
|Commanding Officers of the 328th Royal BattleMech Division|
|Major General||Alister Doohan||2764|
- 3281st Royal BattleMech Brigade 
- 3282nd Royal BattleMech Brigade
- 3283rd Royal Infantry Brigade
The BattleMech Brigades were based around three Heavy Assault Regiments and three Battle Regiments and included the 3286th Heavy Assault Regiment, which had three Battalions of Stalker Assault 'Mechs.
- Field Manual: SLDF, pg. 223, "328th Royal BattleMech Division"
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 30 "Recovered Star League Equipment - Type: EXC-B1 Excalibur"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 78,
- Era Report: 3052, p. 44
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 222, "328th Royal BattleMech Division"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13