33rd Assault Cluster (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|33rd Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3060)|
|Parent Formation||Iron Guard Galaxy|
The Thirty-third Assault Cluster was a second line military formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
Task Force Serpent
On March 12th 3060 Task Force Serpent landed on Huntress. The Seventy-first Light Horse Regiment made a combat drop, but had ended up scattered across northern Lootera. Elements landed on the Field of Heroes as were soon engaged by Clan warriors. Within a short space of time the Seventeenth Recon Battalion of the Eridani Light Horse had reached the Genetic Repository. The the Fourteenth Company approached it was met by Alpha and Bravo Stars of Trinary Battle. The fighting was swift and brutal sweeping the defenders aside. Trinary Battle's Charlie Star was deployed with the rest of the Cluster and did not take part in the fighting here.
The same day the Knights of the Inner Sphere and Kingston's Legionaries had landed in the Shikari jungle near New Andery. These troops had quickly overrun a training facility although they took significant damage from the sibko cadets. Within thirty minutes of securing the base the right flank held by the Knight's Third Battalion supported by elements of the Second Battalion was attacked by the Command Trinary and Binary ProtoMech, while the rest of the Thirty-third Assault Cluster attacked along the Inner Sphere line. After four hours of fighting the Cluster had retaken the training facility pushing the Inner Sphere troops back towards New Andery, causing them over 50% casualties.
In a night assault the Thirty-third Assault Cluster attempted to finish off their prey. As they engaged they came under attack from Inner Sphere reinforcements; the ComGuard Second Division. After forty-five minutes of combat the Cluster pulled back after a flank attack had caught them in the left. A secondary push on the right had forced the Thirty-third to retreat south to the river being harried for over two kilometers of the retreat by the ComGuards. Estimates placed only a single Trinary surviving this action.
Forced to the south it is not apparent if the survivors were able to join up with Galaxy Commander Russou Howell and remnants of other Clusters in the Pahn City area to the north. The Cluster was destroyed fighting on Huntress in 3060. 
- Star Captain Dani Wimmer 30??-3060 - led Bravo Star of Trinary Command. 
- Star Captain Glenn Kotare 30??-3060 - led Trinary Battle. 
- Star Captain Tullian 30??-3060 - led Binary Elemental. 
- Trinary Command
- Trinary Battle
- Trinary Striker
- Binary Elemental
- Binary ProtoMech
The Command Trinary is equipped with OmniMechs, the others have second line Clan machines except Bravo Battle Star of Trinary Battle that has Inner Sphere 'Mechs originating from the Draconis Combine. 
- The cluster was one of the first to be issued ProtoMechs
- The cluster was considered have an average status of Veteran. 
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 22-3
- Sword and Fire, p. 183-9
- Sword and Fire, p. 213
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 24-5
- Sword and Fire, p. 201-9
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 42
- Sword and Fire, p. 210
- Sword and Fire, p. 212-5
- Shadows of War, p. 273
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 23
- Sword and Fire, p. 232-3
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 59
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 43