- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Skye Rangers, later Lyran Reserves|
|Disbanded||prior to 3133|
The Tamar Cavaliers were a relatively new unit, constituted in 3058. Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner raised the unit from his own fortune, with the mandate of liberating Tamar Pact worlds from The Clans. The Cavaliers use a red and silver paint scheme.
The Tamar Cavaliers were formed by Duke Kelswa-Steiner as part of his Kelswa House Guard. They became an official unit in 3058, giving direct control over it to the newly formed LAAF High Command. The unit's loyalties were more to the Duke than to the Archon.
During the FedCom Civil War, the unit was integrated into the Skye Rangers brigade. This act put the unit more directly in command of Skye's authority. However, due to its loyalty to the former Tamar Pact, the unit could be relied on to remain on the Clan Jade Falcon border to defend what is left of their homeland. To the frustration of its commander, the command could not be part of Operation Audacity in 3063.
The unit was later rebuilt as part of the Lyran Reserves. All military units built by Lyran nobles after the Jihad (like the Tamar Cavaliers) report to the LCAF High Command through the Lyran Reserves brigade. The rebuilt Tamar Cavaliers are split nearly evenly between new academy graduates and combat veterans. The Cavaliers run their troops through a two year cadre training course before transferring them to other commands. In 3085 they were the garrison unit for Bountiful Harvest, ready to repel Clan Jade Falcon troops.
At some point early in the 32nd century, implicitly prior to 3133, the Tamar Cavaliers were reportedly destroyed over the course of several tit-for-tat raids on the Clan border. The unit does not exist anymore as of 3145.
- CO: Colonel Garrick Liddle
- CO: Lt. Colonel Jim Reeves
Tamar Cavaliers (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Lenna Kelswa
- CO: Kommandant Jørg Patrickson
Banshee in Tamar Cavaliers livery
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 103, "Tamar Cavaliers Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 173, "Tamar Cavaliers"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 176
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 103
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 109, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 130