34th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|34th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||XIV Corps|
The Thirty-Fourth Royal Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. It was one of the SLDF's Royal units, which consisted of troops from the Terran Hegemony.
In 2764 the Thirty-fourth was a part of XIV Corps within the Fourteenth Army and was assigned to District 1 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. The Thirty-fourth was then transferred to District 3 of the DCMR by 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising.. The Thirty-Fourth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 147, "Fourteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133