352nd Assault (Clan Wolf)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|352nd Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3057)|
|Nickname||The Silver Wolves|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
With the reorganization of the cluster by Erik Kerensky the fighting strength was considerably increased. During Operation Revival they showed their Inner Sphere opponents their skills with light, fast-moving machines. 
The 352nd Assault and its parent Beta Galaxy were assigned to the invasion of the Inner Sphere as part of Operation Revival. The unit participated in the following waves of the conflict.
The 352nd made their first contribution to Operation Revival on Csesztreg in May 3050. Trinaries Command and Elemental faced the defending First and Second Csesztreg Militia Mechanized Infantry Regiments at the Battle of Annick Woods. This action caused so much damage to the defending forces that the planetary government surrendered soon after.
On 1 July 3050, the 352nd joined Alpha Galaxy's Fourth Wolf Guards and 279th Battle Cluster in the invasion of Rasalhague. The Fourth was assigned to attack Asgard, the new capital city that was still under construction. This was part of Khan Ulric Kerensky's (ultimately successful) plan to manipulate Elected Prince Haakon Magnusson into fleeing the planet. Meanwhile, the 352nd landed on the far southern continent of Hammerfest where they engaged the Third Freemen and its supporting units who defended the industrial center of Ymir. The 352nd pushed the attack relentlessly, and Ymir fell on July 13, with the remnants of the Third Freemen that had not escaped surrendering shortly thereafter. Once the Elected Prince had escaped, and the other target cities had been taken, the 279th and the 352nd joined the Fourth in positions facing the capital of Reykjavik. After the defenders refused to surrender, the Clan Wolf forces assaulted the city on July 15. The battle was extremely brutal and lasted two days, but Clan Wolf emerged victorious.
The 352nd would meet the Third Freemen again, in September 3050 on Kandis. There, the Freemen and the local First and Second Kandis Mechanized Brigades scattered throughout the the planet's main continent, using hit-and-run tactics to harry the Wolf Force, which included Trinaries Command and Assault and Binary Elemental from the 352nd, as well as the Silver Keshik. The Wolves countered by attacking the defenders' command and communications structures.
In November 3051, the whole of Beta Galaxy landed on Sevren. They faced the Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards RCT, which was led by a veteran of the Fourth Succession War and the War of 3039. The first few battles were inconclusive, due in part to the Arcturan Guards imposing themselves aggressively on the Wolf forces. Finally, the Third Battle Cluster found a weak point in the Guards' lines, and exploited it. Following this event, the Arcturan Guard had to go on the defensive, and eventually retreated off world to Colmar.
The following month saw Beta Galaxy fighting the Twenty-sixth Lyran Guards RCT on two separate worlds, first on Kobe and then on Thun. On Kobe, the Guards were reinforced by the First and Second Kobe Mechanized Brigades. Beta managed to kill the commander of the Twenty-sixth, Hauptmann General Joy Corelli in the first battle. Her replacement, Leftenant General Jinders Green-Davion managed to stabilize the situation, but was forced to conclude that the Guards were too damaged to hold Kobe. He then made the decision to retreat to Thun.
Beta Galaxy followed the Guards to Thun, where Khan Radick's impatience led him to order high-risk missions to try to decapitate the Guards' command structure. An initial push by Elemental Headhunter Stars failed, and Khan Radick personally led a low-level drop to finally decide the issue, pushing the Guards into an off-world retreat.
The 352nd's final action of Wave Five was fought on Domain in January 3052, against the mercenary First Knights of St. Cameron, who were backing up the First and Second Domain Militia Brigades. The battle was most notable for the disappearance of the Knights after the battle, who did not retreat off-world, but who were not heard of again.
While in the Pozoristu Mountains, the 352nd and the rest of the Galaxy were assaulted by ComStar's 11th Army as they were making their way to the city of Brzo. The assault killed their Galaxy Commander, senior Khan Garth Radick, which was a morale blow to the unit. Khan Natasha Kerensky led Beta with her Alpha Galaxy through nine ComStar Divisions to entering Brzo and achieving one of their Clan's Objectives.
In 3057, Clan Jade Falcon accused ilKhan Ulric Kerensky of treason and forced him to be demoted to Star Colonel for his actions. Ulric Kerensky then called for a Trial of Refusal, against the Jade Falcons. Later on Tamar, Uric Kerensky negotiated Trial to encompass the entire Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
Marching in column formation through the valley, the Wolves were able to use the narrow walls to their advantage. 12th Falcon's Aerospace Fighters were limited from their directions they could take to strafe them, this forces Falcon's fighters to break off.
The Falcon 'Mechs descended from high ridge to attack Cluster's 'Mechs weapons range. The 352nd's young Wolf supremists chose to not strictly engage in Zellbrigen. Using a modified rule, an entire Star of 'Mechs would fire on a single target as each came into range. This devastated the traditionalists of the 12th Falcons, reducing them to barely 10 percent in strength.
In early December, as part of Khan Natasha Kerensky's Task Force, the 352nd landed on Twycross. They engaged the Falcon forces on the Plain of Curtains just outside the Great Gash where the Falcons had been defeated in 3050. The 352nd Assault help formed part of "Diamond" formation at edge of Plains. As the Falcons' 6th Provisional Garrison Cluster engaged 341st Assault Cluster, the 341st withdrew within the formation drawing them in. Once within, the 352nd and its task force mate, 3rd Battle Cluster opened fire on the garrison unit, devastating it. The surprise tactic caused the Falcons to approach more carefully and assaulted 352nd and rest reinforced units. As the combat intensified, the 341st was forced to disengage and withdraw. The 352nd and other units followed the 341st into the canyons of the Gash from combat, in hopes to lure Falcons into ambush with waiting 11th Battle Cluster. However, in the end the Falcons did not pursue the Wolves, and Khan Kerensky ordered the 352nd and the rest of the Wolves to evacuate the planet as she remained behind to fight Falcon's Commanders.
The few remaining Warden warriors from the 341st and 352nd Assault Clusters joined up with survivors of the 37th Striker Cluster and were integrated into that Cluster in order to rebuild it.  This Cluster was itself reformed in late 3058 into the 2nd Wolf Legion as the exiled-Wolves reorganised their forces. 
As of 3052 the commanding officer was Star Colonel Erik Kerensky, a sibkin of Ulric Kerensky. Though a staunch Crusader, Erik refused to join in the various plots to overthrow Ulric. Instead the two men frequently had heated arguments about politics and philosophy.
Originally an assault Cluster, after a few engagements with the Inner Sphere Erik Kerensky re-equipped the 352nd with mostly fast-moving heavies. The weapons and armor of these lighter units were more than adequate against the Succession Wars-era technology they faced, and the increased speed allowed the Cluster to outmaneuver and overrun their opponents.
- Trinary Command - The Snow Pack (Star Colonel Erik Kerensky)
- Trinary Assault - The Silver Stampede (Star Captain Tobi)
- Trinary Battle - The Silver Rifles (Star Captain Ancil Radick)
- Trinary Striker - The Silver Warriors (Star Captain Kenbarg Radick)
- Alpha Striker Star: Adder, Ice Ferret A, Adder, Ice Ferret B, Adder A
- Bravo Striker Star: Adder C, Ice Ferret, Viper D, Ice Ferret, Adder
- Charlie Striker Star: Gargoyle, Ice Ferret A, Ice Ferret, Nova, Adder
- Binary Elemental - Silver Infantry (Star Captain Marijoan Shaw)
- Alpha Elemental Star: 25 Elementals
- Bravo Elemental Star: 25 Elementals
- Rogue Fighter Star - The Bald Eagles (Star Commander Lynette Leroux)
- Support Vessels:
- Command Star (5 OmniMechs) - Star Colonel Serena Fetlandral
- Trinary Alpha (2 Assault Stars, 1 Battle Star) - Star Captain Yesston Lombardi
- Trinary Bravo (2 Assault Stars, 1 Battle Star) - Star Captain Hannifan Vickers
- Trinary Charlie (1 Nova, 2 Elemental Stars) - Star Captain Ulsotn Radick
- Trinary Delta (1 Nova, 2 Elemental Stars) - Star Captain Tamar Tutuola 
- Wolf Sourcebook p.87
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 34-37
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 61
- Tukayyid (scenario pack), p. 90 Clan Wolf - 352nd Assault's actions combined with Beta Galaxy during Battle for Tukayyid.
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 16 Situation Colmar - 352nd Assault attacks the 12th Falcon Regulars on Colmar.
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 30 Blood and Sand/Aftermath - Abbreviated version of events involving the 352nd's Assault on Twycross.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 155
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 159
- Era Report: 3052, p. 44
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 86-87
- Objective Raids, p. 32 Clan Wolf Units - 352nd Assault assigned to Satalice.
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 18-9