35th Division (Word of Blake)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Nickname||Purity of Blood|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 35th Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake Militia unit that was revealed during the second year of the Jihad. The unit was known for its actions in the Blakists' Capellan Combat Theater, where it engaged in many clashes between Capellan forces and with Free Worlds League nations on its border.
Securing Worlds for the Blake Protectorate
The unit's first known appearance in combat was August of 3068 where it split into two strike forces consisting of roughly two Level III forces each. These forces struck worlds of Genoa and Liberty. On Genoa, the Purity of Blood's forces attempts to conquer the planet faltered causing them to bring in more troops. The reinforcements, ROM-supervised mercenary units, helped secure the planet using nuclear weaponry. However, this seems to have failed as the 35th Division's elements left planet with guerrilla resistance activity continuing against Blakist's occupation forces.
The Division reformed prior to December, the four Level III force assaulted the Capellan world of Pleione. The Little Richard’s Panzer Brigade was overwhelmed by the 35th's assets and shattered. They were killed to the last man without being under contract. After wiping out the unit
Conflict in the Capellan Space
The entire unit conducted a raid against the Capellan world of Turin, during a clash by Liao and Andurien forces in January of 3071. The unit disrupted the battle between the two combatants. Its most noted raid came in 3074 on Herotitus. There the unit destroyed the Capellan Warrior House Lu Sann forces defending the world.
The unit specializes in ambush tactics and are experts in close-quarters combat.
- 4 Level III Formations
The unit's force strength is reported only being in 4 Level III strength, however Jihad Secrets: The Blake documents files are known by canonly reporting from intellience reports. Thus, force can be larger than what is said from this source.
Although the publication Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents states that the 35th Division (Word of Blake) first appeared with the attack on Genoa and Liberty in August 3069, this contradicts the Jihad timeline given in Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 and Jihad: Final Reckoning. It was confirmed by one of the BattleTech Line Developers that Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents is in error.
Blake Documents is in error; the assaults took place in 3068.
- Herbert Beas
|— Herbert Beas, BattleTech Line developer, 11 Jun 2012|
35th Divisional elements are given a negative modifier for all physical and weapon attacks when conducted at point-blank or short ranges. However, same elements will suffer at medium-range and beyond. When the 35th is acting as the defender, a percentage of its forces are hidden.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 13 - "Rolls of Honor" - Little Richard's Panzer Brigade is wiped out completely, by Blakist forces and listed on the MRBC's Rolls of Honor.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96, "Capellan Theater" - 35th Division - Unit's aerospace elements played minor role in Aerospace battle over Sian in 3070.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 96, "Capellan Theater" - 35th Division - The Division raids a series of Capellan worlds and is noted for destroying Warrior House Lu Sann's forces.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142 - "Rules Annex" - 35th Division's tactics listed among Force Specific rules.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142, "Rules Annex"