36th Division (Word of Blake)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|36th Division (Purity of Thought)|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Nickname||Purity of Thought|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Militia|
The 36th Division was a "hidden" Word of Blake Militia unit that was first revealed in the opening stages of the Jihad. The unit was most noted for its part in the occupation of New Avalon. It was later destroyed on Terra.
Reinforcing the 31st Division in '68
First seen in February of 3068, the unit was assigned to aid the 31st Division in their attempt to seize the Davion capital world. Precentor Geist dropped his division on top of the Beta Regiment of the 12th Vegan Rangers. The Rangers managed to escape the deadly assault by the 36th with only one 'Mech Battalion surviving. Precentor Geist, exploiting the momentum of his more brutal tactics, attempted to take Avalon City. However, Davion reinforcements consisting of the Davion Heavy Guard, the Davion Assault Guard and the Third Davion Guard successfully kept the combined efforts of the 36th's and 31sts Divisions from penetrating the city's defenses, ultimately forcing them from the planet.
In 3078 the 36th Division was stationed in the Cairo Egypt Castle Brian. There they used the fortifications, along with several Light of Mankind special operations teams and a few battalions of TerraSec troops, to stall the Coalition task force under command of Kanrei Minamoto. Despite the best efforts of the Kell Hounds, 2nd Dieron Regulars, and 1st Sword of Light, the 36th Division was able to hold out for six months. The Coalition finally broke the unit through the use of orbital bombardments. The 36th was one of fourteen separate Militia Divisions to be destroyed on Terra in 3078.
The 36th Division can Bank Initiative and use Off-Map Movement. They also negate an opposing force's ability to Force the Initiative or use Overrun Combat against them.
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 7 - "Twelfth Vegan Rangers, Beta Regiment" - 12th Rangers lost two Battalions to 36th Division's dramatic entrance days after landing.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 94 - "36th Division profile" - 36th early action in first invasion attempt of the planet, then being repulsed from the planet.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 103
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 115, "Cairo Surrenders"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 142