38th Hussar Regiment
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|38th Hussar Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Orange Prince Regulars|
|Parent Formation||XXIX Corps|
The Thirty-eighth Hussar Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Regiment was originally from the Rim Commonality and was gifted by the Free Worlds League to the SLDF at its formation.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXIX Corps, Second Army, to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region and then transferred to District 3 by 2765.. The Thirty-eighth survived the Periphery Uprising and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
Originally soldiers of the Thirty-eighth would paint the right arm of their 'Mech or right side of their vehicle orange to indicate they had achieved their first combat kill. After 100 years of SLDF service this had changed to outlining the copper kill markers used by the XXIX Corps in orange.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 52, "Independent Regiments"
- The Star League, p. 150, "Second"
- The Star League, p. 133