39th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Thirty-ninth Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Thirty-ninth Wolf Garrison Cluster was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Thirty-ninth and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largess, there still wasn't enough to allow the Thirty-ninth to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Thirty-ninth had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Thirty-ninth and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Thirty-ninth in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Thirty-ninth to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
Thirty-ninth Wolf Garrison Cluster (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Star Colonel Otis Leroux
- - At this point in time the Thirty-ninth was stationed on Kirkenlaard and was operating at three-fifths of full strength. Although the Thirty-ninth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"