3rd Amaris Dragoons
|Third Amaris Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Dragoons|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units that remained loyal to Amaris during the Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Third Amaris Dragoons spent much of the next decade on the world of Malibu in the Republic's Apollo Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. After a destructive raid on Alarion prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and responsibility for formations such as the Third Dragoons within the Apollo province was given to Battle Group Apollo under the overall command of General Nathan Isaacson.
Isaacson deployed the Seventeenth Royal Division - one of three divisions that made up VI Corps - to secure Malibu and the Third Dragoons; the Seventeenth landed on Malibu in 2584, defeating the outnumbered Third Dragoons and securing control of the world.
- During the Reunification War the Third Dragoons receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 24
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 152, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"