3rd Amaris Fusiliers
|Third Amaris Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2588)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Fusiliers|
One of the Rim Worlds Army units to side with the Rift Republican Army and the Rim Provisional Government in the Rim Worlds Republic civil war that began in 2575, the Third Amaris Fusiliers spent the next decade on the world of Viborg within the Republic's Timbuktu Province.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. the first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the 4th Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
In late 2584 the SLDF changed tactics again; a number of major RWA units had been destroyed or captured, and the focus for the campaign shifted to capturing worlds of strategic importance, but the campaign was slowed by the greatly increased resistance offered by the RWA and local civilian populations, prompted by atrocities performed by the Draconis Auxiliary Corps when they captured Nightwish in mid-2584.
Duke Narinder Selaj of Battle Group Timbuktu assigned three regiments from the 2nd Marik Auxiliary Corps - the Second and Sixth Marik Militias and the First Brigade of the Fusiliers of Oriente - to the conquest of Viborg in 2588.
The Star League forces successfully took control of Viborg, defeating the outnumbered Third Fusiliers, and all three FWLM units remained in place on the planet until they were redeployed for the invasion of Marisura in 2589.
- During the Reunification War the Third Fusiliers receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 128, "Reunification War: Rim Worlds Republic Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 154, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (Jump-off - 2587)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 155, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 134, "Arlina to Viborg (December 2584 - September 2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 153, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"