3rd Assault (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|3rd Assault Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
The Third Assault Cluster was a military formation belonging to Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Cluster was formed in the late 3050s and assigned to Delta Galaxy. In 3058 it was stationed on the world of Jeronimo with Delta Galaxy's Command Trinary along with garrison elements of the Omega Galaxy.
In July 3059, the Third Assault Cluster was ordered to assault the planet of Pesht along with elements of the Skyriders Keshik. The Watch had identified the defenders as the Seventh Sword of Light, the Ryuken-san and the First Kell Hound Regiment. When the Cluster landed they were cut off from the Keshik by a surprise attack from Clan Wolf (in Exile)'s 2nd Wolf Legion. The Wolf assault smashed into the Keshik's flank and annihilated it. The Third Assault attempted to break out of the situation by attacking the Kell Hounds. However, the Seventh Sword of Light had circled behind them and slammed into them with tremendous force, shattering the Cluster. Its surviving warriors were hunted down. The Wolves allege they left none alive.
The Cloud Rangers were an aggressive Galaxy who attacked hard and fast.  Such an ethos was probably instilled in the Third as they formed.
As an Assault cluster it probably contained a high proportion of Assault and Heavy OmniMechs.
- The Dragon Roars, p. 10-13
- The Dragon Roars, p. 36
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 159
- Era Report: 3062, p. 97