3rd Benjamin Regulars
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|3rd Benjamin Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||"Pride of Benjamin"|
|Parent Formation||Benjamin Regulars|
The Third Benjamin Regulars is an assault BattleMech regiment in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. The Third Regulars' regimental insignia is a ring of stars, the topmost one very bright. These stars represent Benjamin's sun and the twenty artificial "semi-suns" that surround the planet. 
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
Star League Era
During the early years of the Star League, the Third Benjamin Regulars were the Combine unit that triggered the so-called First Hidden War. In 2681 the Third's then Dueling Master Amanda Kazutoyo strode toward the front gate of Fort Shandra, the Star League Defense Force base on Benjamin, and lifted her BattleMaster's fist and loudly declared that all SLDF MechWarriors lacked the warrior's spirit and the courage to duel her. When the base commander asked her to leave, she refused and parked her 'Mech squarely in front of the gates, remaining there unmoving for ten days, periodically reissuing her challenge to the MechWarriors inside the fortress. Eventually her insults wore down the resolve of the SLDF troops, with one Lieutenant Bradley Grebber leaving the fort without permission to face her in his Warhammer.
After agreeing to a suitable location away from the fort, Kazutoyo and Grebeers would fight for little more than ten minutes before the Benjamin MechWarrior achieved the advantage, disabling her opponent's legs with incredibly precise missile fire. Grebber's Warhammer forced to its knees, Kazutoyo walked behind him and placed her 'Mech's PPC at the back of his cockpit, callously executing him to the horror of the SLDF spectators. The fort's commander barely prevented his warriors from attacking Kazutoyo en masse, with First Lord Michael Cameron vigorously protesting this and further duels with similar outcomes for the hapless SLDF.
3rd Succession War
As of 3025 the 3rd Benjamin Regulars were primarily assigned to bolster the defense of the important world of Irurzun alongside the 6th Benjamin Regulars and three Infantry regiments. During this time the Third also participated in the Galtor campaign.
4th Succession War
During the Fourth Succession War, the Third was assigned with the the Sixth Benjamin Regulars and twenty infantry and tank regiments to attack the 1st Chisholm's Raiders RCT on Deshler. While the Raiders consistently outmaneuvered the invaders, the Kurita taskforce had superior numbers, slowly but progressively wearing the Davion unit down. When the Combine offensive swept past Deshler the AFFS attempted to pull their unit out, but the Chisholm Raiders chose to stay and fight, tying up the Combine units for months before being effectively destroyed.
War of 3039
In early 3050 the Third Regulars were stationed on Irurzun. The Third's main action in the Clan Invasion was against the Smoke Jaguar's Nineteenth Striker Cluster on Asgard. While the DCMS command did not expect the Third to hold the Clan troops off, the Third exceeded expectations by holding out for an entire month and inflicting heavy losses on the Jaguars.
Survivors of the 11th Benjamin Regulars were integrated into the unit and the Third was moved up in upgrade priority.
When the Second Star League launched Operation BULLDOG one of the worlds marked for liberation was Asgard; when Star League forces landed - forces which included the Third Benjamin Regulars and the Davion Heavy Guards - they faced the Fourth Jaguar Dragoons as well as the Command Keshik of Epsilon Galaxy. In the resulting campaign the Fourth Jaguar Dragoons were driven back by the DCMS forces, leading to the Epsilon Galaxy Command Keshik retreating into the path of a company from the Davion Heavy Guards.
The large Elemental contingent within the Command Keshik and the superior technology enjoyed by the Smoke Jaguar warriors led to them quickly gaining the advantage over the Davion Heavy Guards; the tables turned when a company from the Second Battalion of the Third Benjamin Regulars which had been pursuing the Command Keshik plunged into the battle. The actions of the Third Benjamin Regulars turned the battle; the Benjamin Regulars forces included a lance commanded by Chu-i Hidekazu Moriyama which proved key to the battle, as the two Komodo-class BattleMechs within that lance cut a swathe through the Command Keshik's Elemental forces, with the lance as a whole also claiming two heavy OmniMechs as victims before the battle was complete. The Benjamin Regulars were not alone in claiming trophies from the battle, however - one noted loss on the part of the Smoke Jaguars was a Star Commander taken down in close quarters by the Nightsky 'Mech piloted by Leftenant Osias Eisenberg of the Davion Heavy Guards during the desperate holding action while the Heavy Guards waited for reinforcements.
Federated Suns Incursion
The Third Benjamin Regulars were assigned the honor of capturing Kentares IV during the DCMS Reprisal against Duke James Sandoval's attempted invasion of the Draconis Combine. On January 23, 3065, the Regulars landed on Kentares and immediately engaged Duke Ian Dresari and his Kentares DMM in battle. Although Ian and the DMM were determined to hold off the Regulars, the DMM was heavily outnumbered and outgunned.
Salvation for Duke Ian and the DMM came in the form of the pro-Victor Tenth Lyran Guards, who were en route to the planet Tikonov to assist Prince Victor, but were forced to make an unscheduled stop in the Kentares system due to the sabotage of their JumpShips. Marshal James McFarland, commander of the Tenth, decided to assist the beleaguered Duke Ian. A week later, the surviving Third Benjamin Regulars were destroyed and the few survivors were imprisoned on Kentares.
- In 3025 the commanding officer of the Third was Brigadier General Jakodo Naguchido.
- By 3050, the unit was commanded by Tai-sa Samuel Nelson.
- In 3059, Tai-sa Clifford Allen commanded the unit.
The Third uses heavily-armored BattleMechs. Its warriors target the lightest and most maneuverable elements of the opposing force first, then uses a series of hit-and-retreat actions to wear the enemy down.
When they participated in the Galtor Campaign, the Third Benjamin Regulars were skilled in open-field battles.
3rd Benjamin Regulars (Regular/Questionable) 
- CO: Brigadier General Jakodo Naguchido
- Note:The command contains 3 heavy battalions.
- CO: Tai-sa Samuel Nelson
3rd Benjamin Regulars (Battalion/Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Tai-sa Samuel Nelson
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Clifford Allen
- XO: Chu-sa Amanda Mattile
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Onyoko Akagi
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Gerrard Teyku
- Note: Over 50 percent of the command is upgraded with new technology. The unit is heavy to assault with a few light/medium 'Mechs for scouting. All machines have the heaviest armor available. Furthermore the command received 12 IS OmniMechs.
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Brandon Klein
- Note: 12 Slayer fighters were modified to carry on each wing pod with 5 tons pod space.
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Maximillian Rook
- Note: Because of their extraordinary bravery during the battle on Asgard against the Clans the command get many new equipment. Also 6 lances of new armor.
- Troop Commander: Chu-sa Sath Reinholdt
- Note: The command includes 3 companies of heavy artillery and the remaining members are trained to lay mines or to act as demolitions experts.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 42, "Unit Profile"
- The Star League, p. 58 "History - Peace and Prosperity - First Hidden War"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 89, "Recent Developments"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 187
- The Galtor Campaign, p.??
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 80
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 28
- 20 Year Update, p. 42
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 32, "Notable MechWarriors"
- The Dragon Roars, p. 10
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 40, "Notable MechWarriors"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 106
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 7 "Benjamin Regulars"
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor, p. 7 "Benjamin Regulars"
- Field Report 2765: DCMS,p10
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine) p. 137
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.146
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 138
- 20 Year Update, p.42
- Objective Raids, p.27
- 20 Year Update
- The Dragon Roars
- FedCom Civil War
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: DCMS
- The Galtor Campaign
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- Historical: War of 3039'
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- The Star League