3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs
|Third Chesterton Voltigeurs|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Parent Formation||Chesterton Reserves|
The Third Chesterton Voltigeurs was formed around 2890 along with their two companion regiments from old soldiers of various Chesterton worlds then under the control of the Federated Suns.  Unlike their two sister units the Third Voltigeurs had a distinguished service record until they were defeated on Tikonov during Operation Riposte.
Second Succession War
Third Succession War
Fourth Succession War
Defense of Tikonov
Attack of New Aragon
The Third Voltigeurs landed on New Aragon during Operation Riposte with the objective of taking a supply depot at Grahamsville. The city was secured by a newly constructed defense wall, a river swollen by summer melt off, and the New Avalon Crucis March Militia. The Capellan force lost units to the surging river as they forded it but fought well until their commanding officer was badly wounded. The green militia forces in outdated equipment then routed the Voltigeurs at the wall and captured them after a short pursuit. 
- CO: Colonel Maxwell Smyth Leng
- 1st Battalion – CO: Major Tristam Bree
- 2nd Battalion – CO: Major Vincent McCormack
- 3rd Battalion – CO: Major Judy Chin
A leopard grappling with an eagle on a red field.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 84, "3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs"
- NAIS 4th Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 30, "Other Actions on Tikonov"