3rd Crucis Lancers
|3rd Cucis Lancers RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Crucis Lancers|
 Unit Description
Originally a Federated Suns of BattleMech Regiment, they've grown to become the centerpiece of a Regimental Combat Team under the same name. The unit went on to serve the Federated Commonwealth.
The 3rd was used to ambush Capellan forces attempting re-take world of Chesterton in 2812, along with its sister unit, the 5th Crucis Lancers, and other Davion units. They utterly destroyed one Cochraine's Goliaths, and heavy damaged the 1st and 2nd Ariana Fusiliers after brutal battle for the planet.
 Reunification War
In January 2583 the 3rd Crucis Lancers were deployed to the world of Kinkaid II in the Outworlds Alliance. The Federated Suns occupation of seven worlds within the Outworlds Alliance between March 2582 and January 2583 was a deliberate political move by First Prince Alexander Davion to frustrate the Star League and Draconis Combine forces attempting to shorten the border between the Federated Suns and the Outworlds Alliance. The 3rd Crucis Lancers were commanded at this point by Major General Gabriela Davion-Hart and followed her orders to subdue the Kinkaid Militia, rather than destroy them, but it took a four hour battle and five demands the militia surrender before the Lancers finally held the planetary capital.
 Third Succession War
In response to the 5th Sword of Light's invasion of Ozama the Third arrived in 3026. They were able to drive off the Fifth in a few days. The Fifth took its revenge a few months later, however, when they forced the Third off of Markab.
At this time the Third actually had four BattleMech battalions available.
 Fourth Succession War
In the Fourth Succession War, the 3rd Crucis Lancers attacked Tikonov with the other Crucis Lancer RCTs. After Tikonov was secured, the 3rd attacked Tigress with the 2nd Crucis Lancers. Once they had pacified that world the 3rd moved on to attack Kawich, leaving the 2nd to garrison Tigress. The 3rd spent the rest of the Fourth Succession War garrisoning Kawich.
 War of 3039
The 3rd Crucis Lancers served as the garrison for Caph before and during Wave One of the War of 3039.  In June, the Ryuken-ni and the Ryuken-san attacked Caph. The Ryuken attacked the 3rd Crucis Lancers at their military base outside of the city of Aswan. Unknown to the Ryuken, the Davion Assault Guards, 33rd Avalon Hussars, and the understrength Alpha Regiment, Gamma Provisional, Delta Provisional, Epsilon Provisional, and Zeta Provisional Battalion of the Wolf's Dragoons had been deployed to Caph in preperations for an assault on Dieron. The Lancers were intially overwhelmed by the Ryuken until reinforcements provided by Wolf's Dragoons and the Assault Guards arrived. The Ryuken escaped off-planet by raiding the Hussar's staging base on the continent of Brunnel. The 3rd Crucis Lancers took only light losses. The 3rd Crucis Lancers we redeployed to Marcus. On September 9th the 25th Marik Militia arrived and found a full RCT waiting for them. Within a month, the 3rd Crucis Lancers devestated the Marik forces and forced them evacuate on October 8th.
 Clan Invasion
The unit was stationed in the Kentares PDZ of Lyran side of the FedCom during the beginning of the Clan Invasion of 3050. The unit was held in reserves until it was called up by Field Marshal Morgan Hasek-Davion. He was assigned them to Babaeski, where stayed after the Truce of Tukayyid was made. They conducted number of raids into the Clan Jade Falcon's Occupation Zone, including hitting the captial world of Sudeten.
The unit forced withdraw from garrison due to newly formed Lyran Alliance in 3057. The Lancers did not withdraw until Arc-Royal Defense Cordon forces could take over their garrison duties on Babaeski. During its time in the Lyran Alliance, they acquired from their raids number of Clan vehicles and OmniMechs, they also gained two new Hauptmann Heavy OmniMechs for their forces.
 Operation Guerrero
 Operation Bulldog
 Civil War
The 3rd mostly stayed out of the FedCom Civil War, remaining on station in the Draconis March to dissuade Draconis Combine forces. In their time on Cassias the 3rd Crucis Lancers constructed an extensive series of fortresses and fighting positions. The 7th Crucis Lancer Armored Regiment and a 'Mech battalion were organized into a single combat command that followed Tancred Sandoval. That combat command reinforced the Mayetta Draconis March Militia, who were being attacked by the Bremond Draconis March Militia and Milligan Draconis March Militia. The Lancers and Mayetta DMM relocated to Woodbine. There the 3rd's combat command and Mayetta DMM survivors were combined into one task force. On Woodbine they faced the 3rd Lyran Regulars. The fight didn't go well, but the timely arrival of a brigade from the 1st Crucis Lancers reinforced the 3rd Crucis and split the 3rd Lyran Regulars in two. More reinforcements from the 1st Crucis Lancers arrived, and the Lancer units captured most of the 3rd Lyran Regulars. The Crucis Lancers then landed on Tsamma, where they were pinned in place by the Tsamma Crucis March Militia. The 1st Royal Cavaliers also arrived on the world, and the Loyalist units inflicted serious losses on the Lancer units. This was due partly to the Cavalier's use of artillery shells loaded with chemical weapons. The chemical weapons were accidentally used, but the Lancers were pushed back by the Cavaliers. Shortly thereafter a battalion of the 3rd Crucis Lancers dropped directly on the Cavalier's base and captured it. This forced the Cavaliers to surrender. After securing their prisoners, the 3rd Crucis Lancers moved to New Valencia, the first stop on their way to New Avalon. Soon the 3rd Lancers joined Victor Steiner-Davion on Marlette, and arrived on New Avalon shortly after that. They took few losses, and actually gained an additional AeroSpace Wing, the 594th Federation Wing, during that deployment. As of 3067, they were stationed on Chenier.
In 3072 the 3rd Crucis Lancers attacked the Outworlds Alliance planet Tellman IV after rumors led them to believe that the Word of Blake was using the planet as a base. This information was incorrect, and a combined Alliance Military Corps/Clan Snow Raven force destroyed the 3rd Crucis' 'Mech regiment. The 3rd Crucis Lancers RCT was deactivated, and the RCT's conventional regiments were reassigned to the 2nd Crucis Lancers and 7th Crucis Lancers to help those units rebuild.
In late February 3075, diplomats from the Federated Suns travelled to Outworlds Alliance space to negotiate with the Snow Ravens. As well as a peace settlement, the negotiators hoped to arrange for the release of captured personnel from the 3rd Crucis Lancers and for the Snow Ravens to contribute aid to the coalition assembled by Devlin Stone. While the negotiations did result in assurances from the Snow Ravens that they wouldn't strike at the Federated Suns again unless provoked, the Clan refused to contribute to the allied coalition and claimed all of the captured AFFS personnel as isorla.
As of 3050 to 3054 the commanding officer was Hauptmann General Acabee Zardetto , one of only a few non-MechWarriors to command an RCT, he held the command also in 3062 and promoted to the rank of an General.
The Lancers prefer to be on the offensive, using the combination of both 'Mechs and Tank forces. As part of their strategy, they have their infantry forces fortified and hide their positions to surprise unsuspecting enemies pushing through their lines.
 Composition History
3rd Crucis Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Jessie Pedroza
3rd Crucis Lancers RCT (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann General Acabee Zardetto
- CO: Leftenant General Katriel Macon
- Aide: Leftenant Colonel Kevin Kirschner
- CO: Rear Admiral Dmitri Mollerskov
- 5th Crucis Lancers Aero Wing
- 6th Crucis Lancers Aero Wing
3rd Crucis Lancers Armor Brigade (4 Regiments/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: General Acabee Zardetto
- Aide: Leftenant General Lloyd Ra
- 7th Crucis Lancers Armoured Regiment - Colonel: Isis Jaske
- 8th Crucis Lancers Armoured Regiment - Colonel: Terri Kuhn
- 9th Crucis Lancers Armoured Regiment - Leftenant General: Jennifer Boyd
- 8th Elbar Light Armor - Colonel: Albin Jancar
- 3rd Crucis Lancers Artillery Battalion - Leftenant Colonel: Theo P. Reaves III
3rd Crucis Lancers Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Tina Dorsey
- Aide: Colonel James Mingjun
- 5th Crucis Lancers Infantry Regiment - Leftenan General: Raghib Li
- 6th Crucis Lancers Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Emma Valentino
- 5th Crucis Lancers Mechanized Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Christopher Snow
- 6th Crucis Lancers Mechanized Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Lei Ntwana
- 3rd Crucis Lancers Jump Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Ronald Montrose
- The 5th Infantry has engineering equipment
- The 6th Infantry includes heavy towed weapons
3rd Crucis Lancers RCT (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: General Melissa Coulier
3rd Crucis Lancers Aerospace Brigade (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Zebulon Netanyahu
3rd Crucis Lancers Armor Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: General Edward Cook
3rd Crucis Lancers Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Lyons Freeman
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 47, "A Proffered Hand" - Units fighting for Chesterton are named and its results.
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 122, "Continued Maneuvers Politic"
- ↑ Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack), p. 42
- ↑ Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack), p. 53
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 142
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Historical: War of 3039, p. 136 "Caph (June)"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Historical: War of 3039, p. 136 "Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 135, "Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 135, "Marcus (September-October)"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 69, "3rd Crucis Lancers Unit Profile"
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 151
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 58
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 79
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 80
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 97
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 142
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 161
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 172
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 128
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 Field Manual: Updates, p. 141 "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 97
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 46
- ↑ "Field Report: AFFS, p. 11, "Crucis Lancers"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14-15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Addicks PDZ"
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 20 Year Update, p. 19, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 23, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 136
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: Federated Suns
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack)
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)