3rd Dismal Disinherited
|3rd Dismal Disinherited: John's Hostile Hellraisers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|CO||Colonel John Marik-Johns|
The unit was formed from battlefield salvage and the overextend formation of the other two Disinherited regiments. The command was created with one goal in mind: a fast reaction force. The unit contained during this time 1 company of LAMs, which were supported through 6 companies of jump capable 'Mechs (medium weight). Their first mission took them to Menkalinan in 3002. The defending CCAF commander called for more reinforcements. The mercenaries withdrew only after they inflicted more damage than they took. After the end of the contract with the FWL, the Disinherited signed a new contract with the FedSuns. The CCAF met the 3rd on Kittery again. The invading force were repelled. After that the Third Disinherited faced the DCMS on the Kuritan border.
In 3068 the Third Dismal Disinherited was stationed on Hall. That world went over to the Word of Blake, and the fate of the Third was unknown for some time. While on Hall the Third absorbed the survivors of Burton's Brigade, another mercenary unit that had been savaged during the period in which Hall was being transferred to the Free Worlds League immediately prior to the Jihad and which had lost its commanding officer, Elly Burton, in the process.
The Third managed to escape from Hall, and reappeared on Talitha in 3069 when they attempted to raid the Blakist forces on the planet. Unfortunately for the Third, the Blakists and their mercenary hirelings were too strong for the Third, overpowering them and destroying them before they could escape offworld. With the Second Dismal Disinherited destroyed during the Allied Mercenary Command assault on Mars led by Wolf's Dragoons and the First Dismal Disinherited destroyed during the second Blakist assault on Outreach, the destruction of the Third on Talitha marked the end of the Dismal Disinherited as a unit.
Colonel John Marik-Johns was a distant member of the House Marik ruling family and led the regiment with great skill.
Some units pin the enemy in place, because the rest are dropped from DropShips.
The techs handle the daily maintenance with ease.
Third Dismal Disinherited (1 Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Third Dismal Disinherited "John's Hostile Hellraisers" (1 Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- The Third battalion, equipped with slow 'Mechs, acts as an anvil for the two other more mobile battalions (act as hammer)
- Third Attack Wing (1 Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- The heavy fighters provide close air support.
- Third Armored Regiment (1 Reinforced Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- The unit contains an artillery battalion, two heavy tracked battalions, and a fast hover battalion.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 32
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 12, "The Rolls of Honor"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p.