3rd Drakøns (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Tundra Galaxy|
Formation and The Jihad
After the merging of the Republic into the Ghost Bear Dominion, Clan Ghost Bear would by 3074 re-organize the KungsArmé into a new Clan-oriented military fighting force. Honoring the Free Rasalhague Republic's military past, the Clan retained the old KungsArmé regiments and remade them into Clan Clusters, including the 3rd Drakøns.
Staffed by native Rasalhagians and former KungsArmé soldiers, as part of the Clan's traditions they would have to undertake Trials of Position to retain their places in the reformed unit. The Cluster — along with other former KungsArmé regiments — would be reassigned to the newly-formed Tundra Galaxy. The unit was soon redeployed within the Dominion in order to free up Clan frontline Combat units to fight the Word of Blake in the Jihad.
During the brief KungsArmé rebellion in November 3076, the unit would not act due to resentment of the treatment of fellow soldiers of the former KungsArmé who refused demotion or returned to civilian life due to failing to win their Trials of Position. Despite the rebellion, the unit would stay loyal to the Dominion, but would be regarded as untrustworthy by the Clan Council.
Early Dark Age
The Second Combine-Dominion War
As the build up to the conflict that occurred in the late 3090s, Khan Kab directed that all KungsArmé would receive cache weapons to prepare them for the conflict. Like the rest of the Tundra, the Third received a number of 'Mechs and other units to bring its Cluster's number to five trinaries worth of troops. However, the unit wasn't deployed in the war.
Late Dark Age
In 3138, the 3rd Drakøn landed on the newly abandoned Clan Wolf world of Meacham. After securing the undefended world for the Dominion, Clan Jade Falcons' Seventy-Fifth Falcon Striker Cluster would attempt take the planet from the Third. However, the Third would repulse the Falcons using their brand of Mongol/Viking-style tactics utilizing Hatchet-wielding 'Mechs attacking in waves.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Drakøns Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Frank Ytreda||3085|
|Star Colonel||Reidun Støle||3145|
Like other KungsArmé-related units of the Dominion, The 3rd Drakøns use combat vehicles to augment their abilities and take full advantage of Clan technology, preferring to use ranged attacks with Long-Range Missiles and artillery batteries. The Cluster, like other Drakøns units, prefers close-quarter combat, using melee attacks.
- Third Drakøns (Cluster) [Veteran Skilled, Questionable Loyalty]
- Third Drakøns (Cluster) [Regular Skilled, Questionable Loyalty]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Karbala, the unit is at 70% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 15% Second Line equipment.
- Third Drakøns (Cluster) [Veteran Skilled, Questionable Loyalty]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Casere, the unit is at 80% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 22% Second Line equipment.
- Third Drakøns (Cluster) [Regular Skilled, Reliable Loyalty]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Casere, the unit is at 90% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 0% Second Line equipment.
- The 3rd Drakøns was created in 3130s, first being noted in Field Manual: 3145. There is little information as of this writing on the unit aside from basic information from the Tundra Galaxy entry for the Rasalhague Republic.
Field Manual: 3145 - Players having a native Rasalhagian who are Star Commanders may mount hatchet as long the 'Mech they are using has a functional hand actuator. A player must remove the appropriate criticals and equipment using the TechManual. Players installing the hatchet do not have to make any special design rolls to modify the 'Mech.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 59 - Reorganization of KungsArmé, which includes the 3rd Drakøns as a Clan Ghost Bear combat force.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 101 - Domestic Affairs - KungsArmé merge and Trials to retain their warrior status noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's rebirth as a BattleMech Cluster honoring old Free Rasalhague Republic's defunct Regiment by the same name.
- Jihad Final Reckoning, p.55 Jihad in Review/ Timeline 1-25 April 3076 - Stragglers from Ice Hellions raid Dominion.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 23 Irregular Forces/Tundra Galaxy - Third Drakøns noted for helping to repel raiders from remains of Ice Hellion forces.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 91 Rasalhague Rebellion - Third Drakøns did not join in the rebellion against the Ghost Bears.
- Jihad Final Reckoning, p.55 Jihad in Review/ Timeline 20 October/November - Rebellion triggers and ends.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 23 Irregular Forces/Tundra Galaxy - Third Drakøns along with rest of the galaxy are noted for staying out of rebellion, while not completely trusted by the Clan Council.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121 Tundra Galaxy - Third along with rest of the Galaxy is upgraded as they are rotated to the Draconis Combine border.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 21-22 - Tundra Galaxy receives new equipment to bring its fighting strength up to five trinaries.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp. 157, 163 Clan Jade Falcon/Omega Galaxy - 75th Falcons repulsed by the Third Drakøn. Year listed in Drakøn.
- Field Manual: 3085, p.128 Clan Force Deployment 31st December 3085 / Tundra Galaxy - 3rd Drakøns status as of 3085, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172 Clan Military Forces/Rasalhague Dominion - "Tundra Galaxy's 3rd Drakøns commanding officer is listed for 3145.
- Field Manual: 3145, page 163 Rasalhague Dominion\Tundra Galaxy - Third Drakøns' preferred tactics and combat preferences noted in Galaxy write up.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p.105 State of Homelands / Tundra Galaxy - 3rd Drakøns status as of 3076, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Field Report: Clans', pp.23-24 Irregular Forces / Tundra Galaxy - 3rd Drakøns status as of 3079, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Field Manual: 3085, p.128 Clan Force Deployment 31st December 30855 / Tundra Galaxy - 3rd Drakøns status as of 3085, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Field Manual: 3145, p.173 Clan Force Deployment 31st December 3145 / Tundra Galaxy - 3rd Drakøns status as of 3145, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 191 - Rules Annex/Special Command Rules/Tundra Galaxy - Third Drakøns special command rules allows for installation of hatchets in 'Mechs fielded by Star Commanders.