3rd Fleet (DCA)
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- BattleTech Dev Reveals Future Of The Game
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis Combine Admiralty|
The Third Fleet was one of eight WarShip fleets operating within the Draconis Combine in 2765, and was one of two fleets assigned to the Benjamin district, serving alongside the Fourth Fleet. The Third Fleet was based around the DCS Hagiwawa, a Samarkand-class carrier.
In common with the other Fleets within the DCA morale in the Third Fleet was high, despite the presumption by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery that the DCA Fleets were little more than a taxi service. All of the crews within the Third Fleet were subject to vetting by the Internal Security Force and each WarShip had ISF agents aboard, but the crews of the Third Fleet were fanatically loyal to Coordinator Takiro Kurita, well-trained, proud and aggressive.
Third Fleet (Veteran/Reliable)
In common with the black water navies of the other Great Houses the Draconis Combine Admiralty was relatively small, despite the military buildup going on within the Draconis Combine following the decision by the Star League Council in 2752 to repeal the Council Edict of 2650; the various Fleets within the DCA had expanded sharply, largely through restoring mothballed WarShips to service, but was still dwarfed in size by the navy of the Star League Defense Force.
Whilst the exact composition of the Third Fleet is unknown, the overall size of the DCA in 2765 was known to be forty-two WarShips - of which eight were the Samarkand-class carriers serving as flagships within the eight fleets, two were Vigilant-class corvettes assigned permanently to the Third Proserpina Hussars and six were Block I Narukami-class destroyers assigned to the Seventh and Eighth Fleets in the Pesht district. The remaining twenty-six WarShips consisted of seven heavy cruisers - five Aegis-class and two Cruiser-class - some fifteen assorted destroyers, five each of the Baron, Essex I and Lola I classes, and four Vincent Mk. 39-class corvettes.
It was noted by the Star League Intelligence Command that based on the rate of expansion within the DCA since 2752, if the military buildup continued at the same pace the various DCA Fleets would increase to three times their 2765-strength within twenty years.
- Assuming that the WarShips were distributed evenly across the various Fleets, the Third Fleet was most likely composed of the Samarkand-class flagship DCS Hagiwawa and four other WarShips, with those four likely to consist of either four destroyers/corvettes or a single heavy cruiser and three destroyers/corvettes - but it is important to note that this detail has not been confirmed in canon.
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Admiralty"