- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|3rd Freeman Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
As part of the garrison of the capital world of Rasalhague, the 3rd Freemen received support from a number of conventional commands (two infantry and two armor regiments). They were tasked with the defense of the important Ymir industrial complex on the most southern continent of Hammerfest. The 352nd Clan Wolf Assault Cluster was lead by Khan Radick, with the unit being specially equipped to meet the harsh weather conditions. Aware of their hopeless situation, the 3rd Freemen made a fighting retreat off-world. 
Only one 3rd Freemen battalion was in operational shape to drop on Kandis. Clan Wolf followed them and started the planetary invasion in September 3050. The defenders this time were better prepared then on Rasalhague. The battalion conducted "hit and run" strikes on the Clanners when possible, catching them off-guard. Khan Radick ordered his troops to strike at the enemy C3 network and capture the opposition commander to bring the battle to an end. When these blows fell, it was too much for the remnants of the beleaguered 3rd Freeman battalion, who surrendered to the Wolf warriors.
When Clan Ghost Bear and the Free Rasalhague Republic joined, the KungsArmé created the Third Freemen Cluster during their reorganization. They were stationed on Kempten as part of Taiga Galaxy. In 3085 they were the garrison for Susquehanna.
In 3100 they worked with the First Freemen to recapture Thule from the invading 13th Sun Zhang Academy Cadre. The Thirteenth was completely destroyed. The Third and First then went on to take the Richmond system from the Draconis Combine since the defending militia was no match for the Freemen. The world fell in a matter of hours.
In 3085 they were at three-quarters of their nominal strength.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 36
- Lethal Heritage, p. 238
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 64
- Field Report: Clans, p. 23
- Field Report: Clans, p. 24
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 38
- 20 Year Update, p. 51