3rd McCarron's Armored Cavalry
|3rd McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Wild Ones|
|Parent Formation||McCarron's Armored Cavalry|
The Third McCarron's Armored Cavalry regiment was usually deployed as a heavy assault unit that used brute force instead of fancy tactics.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
Third Succession War
In 3007 the regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry raided New Valencia, baseworld of Wolf's Dragoons. Though they seized several small communities, the Dragoons were able to hold off the Armored Cavalry units long enough for the Eridani Light Horse regiments to arrive. The MAC regiments didn't inflict any damage to the Dragoons, but did raze several villages.
Fourth Succession War
In the 4th Succession War all regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry except for the 1st were stationed on Menke. They later fought a long campaign to defend Sarna but had to retreat off world as Davion reinforcements arrived in the end phase of the war.
In May 3032 the Third, along with the other regiments of McCarron's Armored Cavalry, landed on Betelgeuse. They quickly drove the First, Third, and 4th Defenders of Andurien, and the Tooth of Ymir off the world. They inflicted particularly heavy casualties on the First Defenders. The Wild Ones then moved on to Primus, which they and the 1st McCarron's Armored Cavalry took without sustaining any casualties from enemy action. 3034 found the Nightriders and the Wild Ones raiding Shiba, inflicting heavy losses on the 4th Defenders of Andurien. Only the suicidal rear guard action of two Andurien companies allowed any of the Defenders to escape.
War of 3039
The Third didn't participate in Operation Bulldog but during this same time they landed on Sakhalin to put down an armed insurrection. Rather than land and march several kilometers to engage, the Wild Ones simply landed their DropShips in the center of the rebel base. Though this cost them a DropShip, they were able to destroy the rebels, level the base, and seize a replacement DropShip. They then returned to Kaifeng, leaving the 1st Capellan Defense Force to clean up.
Xin Sheng Campaign
In 3069 the Third Armored Cavalry assaulted Taygeta alongside both St. Ives Lancers regiments. They drove the 3rd Ceti Hussars and Vanguard Legion off-world and took the world for the Confederation. This provided a key jump-off point for an assault on New Syrtis.
As part of that assault, the Third MAC assaulted the defender's rear. Unfortunately for them, they were unable to break through and took heavy losses. The unit withdrew alongside other CCAF units when the recall order arrived. They spent most of the rest of the Jihad on Menke, providing warriors to help rebuild other MAC units and serving as a cadre force.
During Operation CELESTIAL VENGEANCE, the Third was deployed on Acamar and Tsitsang. Each time they faced Stone's Revenants and each time they were defeated. The conventional assets of the Republic forces were able to pin down the Third, while the Revenants' 'Mechs inflicted heavy damage. After losing more than three-quarters of their forces, the Third returned to Menke to rebuild.
In 3104 the Third attacked the Eighth Avalon Hussars LCT on the world of Spica. Knowing that they couldn't win a direct engagement with the Third, the Hussars instead planned and executed an ambush on the Third that saw the Eighth's 'Mechs used as bait. Commanded directly by General Stasi Ivanova, the Eighth's Mechs led the Third into a valley while the Hussars' hovertanks harassed the Armored Cavalry. When the Third's vanguard entered the valley it came under sustained fire from a company of Destrier Seige Vehicles assigned to the Hussars and was swiftly destroyed; the Hussars then counterattacked while the Ballista trailers attached to the Destriers launched missile artillery at the Third, and the Third was driven offworld.
The Third was held back from the initial waves of Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. They struck the capital cities of both Taygeta and New Syrtis, using their assault 'Mechs and heavy vehicles to simply crush any opposition. After New Syrtis was secured, they returned to Menke for rest and recovery. On Taygeta they faced the Ridgebrook CMM and 5th Crucis Lancers.
During the Xin Sheng Campaign, Sang-wei Tyler Alban was present. He was notorious for arming his Snake with cluster rounds and inflicting heavy civilian casualties to vent his frustration at being assigned to rear-area security duties. After the Xin Sheng Campaign concluded, his mutilated corpse was found in his quarters. Though Free Capella never took credit for his death, many believed the Sang-wei was killed by the organization in retaliation for his behavior in the Campaign.
The command puts their assets to best use. First the 'Mechs secure territory and the armor defends it. The CO seek the decision in a final assault if the tide of battle changes for the worse (in his mind).
The Wild Ones (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Linda Chandrasekar
The Wild Ones (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Otto Kung
- CO: Sang-shao Otto Kung
- 1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Christine "The Demon" Blake
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Kool Suk Lynn
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Lance Hawkins
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Patricia Bindu
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Devin Montgomery
- Mostly heavy tanks
3rd McCarron's Armored Cavalry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Otto Kung
Kung's Piranhas (2 Flights/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Maria Rossi
The Terrible Three (Reliable/Regular)
- CO: Zhong-shao Auberta Durand
3rd McCarron’s Armored Cavalry (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Sergei Tolkov
Tolkov’s Piranhas (Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Ranen Bamberger
The Terrible Three (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Kevin Moffat
1st Menke Armored Infantry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Aileen Kayes
- Also known as "McCarron's Thugs".
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 10
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 63
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 64
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 88
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 66
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 88, "3rd McCarrons Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 26
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 66
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 15
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 26
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Technical Readout 3145: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Destrier Siege Vehicle"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 32
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 40
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 95, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry"
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 34
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3145"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 140
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Historical: Brush Wars
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)