3rd New Samarkand Regulars
|Third New Samarkand Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3133)|
|Nickname||The Favored of the Gods |
|Parent Formation||New Samarkand Regulars|
The Third New Samarkand Regulars were formed during the Post-Jihad and since then have had runs of extreme good luck, paired with horrifically unlucky tragedies. As of 3133 their current commanding officer is the Eleventh the unit has had in less then 50 years. 
In late 3133 when they attempted to raid Vega where they lost an entire DropShip in a failed landing. However as they retreated one Third Regular Panther pilot took a lucky shot that took down the planet's Legate. 
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd New Samarkand Regulars|
Third New Samarkand Regulars (Regular)
- CO: Tai-sa Furio Saavedra
Up to 4 times per game, the player controlling the Third can choose to automatically succeed at any roll using the pilot’s Gunnery or Piloting Skill (considered to have hit the target number exactly). However, for each such success used, the opposing player can declare any other Gunnery or Piloting Skill roll to automatically fail (considered to be 1 below the target number). The decision to automatically succeed or fail must be made before the roll is thrown.
- Only mention of the unit is in Dark Age Turning Points: Vega
- It is thought to be disbanded during the actions on Vega, as their survivors are seen to be used to form the 20th New Samarkand Regulars
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 8, "Third New Samarkand Regulars"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 55, "Twentieth New Samarkand Regulars"