3rd Oriente Hussars
|3rd Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
 Anton Marik's Revolt
During Anton Marik's Revolt, the Third didn't face any internal foes. In 3014 the 31st Marik Militia was trapped on Uhuru by the 9th Lyran Regulars and Narhal's Raiders. The Third, along with the 5th Oriente Hussars, relieved the trapped unit and drove the Lyran attackers off-world. They then remained on Uhuru to discourage further raids by the Lyran Commonwealth.
 Succession Wars
The 3rd Hussars by time 3025, the Green skilled unit was considered to be understrength. The unit consisted of mainly heavy 'Mech designs. It suffered from tracking and communications difficulties. They were noted at the time for their high discpline under fire and good inter-unit coordination.
 Capellan Border and Operation Guerrero
Over the course of the after the 4th Succession War and Clan Invasion, the unit was primary stationed on border with House Liao. Designated to defend against raids and other threats which left the unit with alot free time. Initially their unit commanders Colonel Gotch and Clifford drilled the unit in parade-grounds skills, to keep the unit displined and busy. These unit skills came useful, when League went on the offensive.
In 3057, Operation Guerrero was launched by Captain-General Thomas Marik after the death of his son. Operation had the 3rd Oriente invade the Federated Commonwealth world of Van Diemen IV. Here they fought the 3rd Republicans for control of the planet. The unit utilized pre-planned operations without using communications, leaving the 3rd Republicans without means listen into their plans. The Hussars, were victorious over the Republicans claiming the planet. The Hussar's supporting troops however were badly mauled and was forced to withdraw.
In 3063, Force Commander Therese Mathews, the unit's executive officer replaced Colonel Dumoss. The regiment equipment has been mixed ranges of from ancient to modern equipment from Word of Blake Militia. The unit Tank force took brunt of Operation Guerrero had not yet recover its losses from battle with Republicans. Infantry forces, formed from Van Diemen's militia are badly under equipt and its commander suspect they would not survive battle should they placed in one. After taking command, Colonel Mathews begun to trained her new command in art of precision strikes. These style which she learned while when she served with elite Eagle Corp. Her commando training saved her from six assassination attempts on her life over course decade. Unknown to most these actions were of actions of the Word of Blake.
 Jihad and the defection
During the Jihad, the unit was still garrisoning Van Diemen IV when the Word of Blake's 15th Division assaulted the planet in 3069. With the surprise attack on the Hussars, the unit began to be over-powered the by the Division's artillery and Aerospace bombardment. During the course of the fighting, Force Commander Norris Anderson murdered the unit's commander in a morning staff meeting. This left the Hussars in chaos and ultimately they were defeated. A large portion of the unit, including its local infantry support unit, join the 15th Division. With the planet now in Word of Blake Protectorate's hands, the unit's fate is unclear.
The unit developed Commando-style precision strike tactics while under command of Colonel Matthews.
 Composition History
3rd Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Irving Clifford
3rd Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Vandy Jolibois
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Simon Dumose
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Peter Lipton
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Orswald Bursin
- CO: Commodore John Pack
- CO: Force Commander Abdul Rauf
2nd Van Diemen Green Jackets (1 Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Lt. Colonel Nicole Pourdes
 Unit Symbol
Three interconnecting rings, two on top, one on the bottom.
- ↑ Historical: Brush Wars, p. 24
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 100, "3rd Oriente Hussars unit description marking its strengths and weaknesses".
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 94, "Hussar brief History during Operation Guerrero".
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "Therese Mathews takes over command of the 3rd Oriente Hussars".
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 94, "Listings of composition status".
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "Mathews improves training of the unit, side dialog in Field Manual listing for Hussars mentions has Word of Blake operative swearing revenge on her for death of lastest assassin as of 3067".
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 130, "Notable pilot Adept Norris Anderson named as traitor who took out Hussar's commander".
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 100, "Small unit profile for 3rd Oriente Hussars".
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table".
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWLM Deployment Table"