III Principes Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|III Principes Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Principes Guards|
In 3085 the III Principes was stationed on Tikonov in Prefecture IV of the Republic of the Sphere. That same year the III Principes' jump laser infantry battalion was held up as an example of self-reliance, ingenuity and a determination to make things work by General Albrecht Hoft of the Republican Armed Forces Department of Military Intelligence. Despite being comprised of personnel from a range of different worlds, including two Capellan Confederation worlds and five from the former Free Worlds League, despite being equipped with a range of laser rifles varying in age and pedigree from battery-charged models hailing from the mid-Third Succession War through to the latest all-inclusive models, despite operating jump packs manufactured by five different companies across the Inner Sphere and despite receiving no spare parts for a year because the Quartermaster literally forgot them, the jump infantry battalion continued to take top place in various wargames held within the Republic of the Sphere.
At the time of the Blackout, the III Principes was stationed on David, Scheat, and Sadalbari. After the Blackout they relocated to Markab and Cylene so they could respond to crises in their area of responsibility. They spent the early years of the Dark Age fighting the Spirit Cats and Dragon's Fury, but were able to keep the prefecture calm. However, they were supported by the Northwind Highlanders who had to move to Terra in 3135. This forced the Third to relocate to Towne and Small World, leaving most of Prefecture III to the Dragon's Fury. The Senate Rebellion sent forces to several worlds in the Prefecture, including those garrisoned by the III Principes. Julian Davion arrived on Ronel and the Third worked with the 1st Davion Guards to pacify the world. The III Principes refused to return to Fortress Republic, instead remaining outside the wall. They garrisoned Small World and Addicks. In 3142 the AFFS conquered many of the small states that sprang up after the rise of Fortress Republic, and the III Principes left to join the other Republic of the Sphere forces in the Republic Remnant. However, Julian Davion passed through the area on his way back to the Federated Suns, and many members of the III Principes chose to join him.
- CO: Colonel Soudabeh Narron
320th Armor Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Federica Paavo
320th Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Marianne Gluke
III Principes Guards (2 Battalions/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Romero Serrano
320th Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Franklin Cobb
320th Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Cedrick Hancock
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 181
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 8-9, "Key Infantry"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 41
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 145, "Republic Armed Forces - Republic Remnant"