3rd Rim Commonality Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Third Rim Commonality Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Fighting Third|
|Parent Formation||Rim Commonality Guards|
The Third Rim Commonality Guards was formed during the Dark Age along with a sister regiment, the Fourth Rim Commonality Guards, from the disbanding Fourth Marik Militia. Like the other regiments of the Rim Commonality Guards, the Third were a largely mediocre unit with little ambition until their adoptive home, the Rim Commonality, began to suffer active predation at the hands of both the Marian Hegemony and the Regulan Fiefs. The attacks gave the Guards a growing sense of resolve, and the Third would help the Rim Commonality to extend its influence in the region during the Dark Age.
In the years between the dissolution and reformation of the Free Worlds League the Third spent much of its time offering support and humanitarian aid to the unaffiliated systems that lay between the Commonality and the Regulan Fiefs. This practise was discouraged by the League after it reformed, in an effort to influence these same unaligned worlds into requesting membership of the League, but by 3145 the Third was stationed outside the Commonality once more, positioned so as to curb raids by both the Regulans and the Duchy of Andurien.
The Third was a high-mobility unit that cocnentrated on fighting pirates or conducting light raids, making good use of that mobility.
- CO: Colonel Alicia Michael
Third Rim Guards Armor (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence Schneider
Third Rim Guards Infantry (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Clare Preston
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 106, "Rim Commonality Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Free Worlds League Military"