3rd Robinson Rangers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|3rd Robinson Rangers BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||"Death or Glory Boys"|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Rangers|
Although nominally under the Duke of Robinson and part of the standing forces of the Draconis March, the 3rd Robinson Rangers were raised by Katherine Steiner-Davion and owed more loyalty to her than Duke James Sandoval or his successor, Tancred.
Prior to the official outbreak of the FedCom Civil War, the 3rd, along with the 10th Deneb Light Cavalry and other units, were employed by Archon-Princess Katherine to hunt down and destroy the 1st Davion Guards, as that unit refused to pledge complete loyalty to her. The 1st Guards were not completely destroyed, with 3 combined-arms battalions going to ground and joining Allied forces for the Battle of New Avalon.
When war finally came to New Avalon in late 3066, the first Allied forces to land were the 2nd Robinson Rangers, 1st Crucis Lancers and Davion Assault Guards under the overall command of Duke Tancred Sandoval, a major supporter of Victor Steiner-Davion. While the latter two units spearheaded assaults into New Avalon's second-largest continent of Brunswick, the 2nd Robinson Rangers set about assaulting the third and smallest continent of Rostock. Ironically, the 3rd Rangers faced off against their sister unit, having been deployed to Rostock to check Duke Tancred's personal unit. In a major battle at the Gaveston River Gorge, a 3rd Rangers force crippled the Duke's mech a (Nightstar) and nearly killed him before they were driven off by reinforcements.
In subsequent battles against the increasing numbers of Allied units, the 3rd Rangers were gradually reduced in strength until Katherine's surrender.
Following the end of the Fed Com Civil War, the reborn AFFS High Command made the decision to disband the 3rd Robinson Rangers while its survivors and equipment were transferred to shore up other units.
The Homeworld of the 3rd Robinson Rangers is New Avalon. For its entire existence, the unit had never been deployed off-world and was used by Katherine Steiner-Davion as part of the standing Loyalist garrison on New Avalon.
As a new formed command they haven't the time to developed any unique fighting styles.
- CO: Leftenant General Jason McBride
- Two medium and one heavy Battalion
3rd Robinson Guard (1 Reinforced Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Heinrich Gruber
- CO: Leftenant General Sarah Churchill
- A mix of light and medium Aerospace Fighters
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 103, "3rd Robinson Rangers Unit Profile"