3rd Sian Dragoons
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Third Sian Dragoons|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Guan Yu’s Jade Cavalry|
|Parent Formation||Sian Dragoons|
The Third Sian Dragoons were frequently used by the Strategios as a rapid strike force that would find a weakness in an enemy line and break through, allowing other Sian Dragoons regiments (like the Second) to drive the enemy from the field. In 2765 they were stationed on Aquagea.
The Third Sian Dragoons were one of the units re-created as part of the Hidden Lion initiative. Intelligence reports suggest that they were active and undergoing training in 3117. Their main training partners were the Death Commandos and various elements of the Capellan Hussars.
When they were released as part of Operation GREAT FLOOD, they were one of the first units deployed. They hit Foot Fall and Algot by quickly overrunning the defenders by hiding their 'Mechs in civilian DropShips. They later landed on Halloran V and used artillery to drive the defenders out of their positions. Once the defenders were on the move, the Third Dragoons used their speed to run them down. They were stationed on Shuen Wan in 3145.
Third Sian Dragoons (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
3rd Sian Dragoons (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao Min-Qiang Wang
1st Sian Firebirds (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Jacot Levin
54th Gei Fu Lancers (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Rhys Ryan
3rd Dragoons Infantry (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao King Fai Chick
In the Dark Age Era the Third can use the Overrun Combat special ability. In addition if a Third Dragoons unit only travels on clear or paved terrain hexes for the entirety of their move, they receive +1 MP. (This operates identically to how ground combat vehicles gain an MP.)
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation p.13
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 36
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 72