40th Lyran Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|40th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Fourth Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 40th Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 4th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 40th lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 40th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 40th and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Fortieth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the 40th was stationed on Loxley and was responsible for guarding the Kong Interstellar manufacturing facilities located on the planet. The 40th and the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces in general were less enthused about guarding the Kong Interstellar facilities than they were the facilities of other corporations such as the Lyran 'Mech Corporation because Kong Interstellar only supplied the Star League Defense Force.
40th Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Fortieth was based on Loxley.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"