41st Lyran Guards
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|41st Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Fifth Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 41st Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 5th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 41st lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 41st Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 41st and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the 41st and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the unit was stationed on Tamar, the former capital of the Tamar Pact and one of three provincial capitals within the Lyran Commonwealth. Tamar was the only planet in the Commonwealth to be the base location for two Lyran Guards regiments, as the 44th Lyran Guards were also normally stationed on Tamar; however, while the 41st was the official garrison regiment for Tamar, the 44th was serving as a strategic reserve for the local region, deploying to other systems and planets as required.
41st Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Forty-first was based on Tamar.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"