42nd Avalon Hussars
|42nd Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||Sons of the Federation|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
During the First Succession War the 42nd Avalon Hussars were stationed on Quentin. They were caught totally unprepared for the 2nd Legion of Vega's arrival and the large number of Panther BattleMechs. The Hussars had to give up the world despite having more firepower due to the losses inflicted by the Legion of Vega.
The unit conducted multiple raids in 2985, hitting Capellan worlds of Genoa and Fletcher. During the Battle of Fletcher, the 42nd tangled with Kingston's Legionnaires, the Hussars's Marauders proved be turning factor of the battle, inflicting over 60% casualties before the Legionnaires could be extracted.
The unit was sent in raid against the Liao world of Thomas, where they again fought against the Trimaldi' Secutors, as well as the merc unit the Waco Rangers. The battle was struggle, when Duke of Thomas, Colonel Pavel Ridzik took command of Capellan forces and inflicted considerable damage against the Hussars. Among the unit lost were its entire lance of Phoenix Hawk BattleMechs to the Secutors.
 4th Succession War
As they were an inexperienced unit, the 42nd remained on their homeworld of Fallon II during the Fourth Succession War. This position also allowed them to guard against strikes from the Draconis Combine.
 War of 3039
 Clan Invasion
 Operation Guerrero
 Operation Bulldog
 Civil War
After forming close ties with their Lyran counterparts, but predominantly staffed by Federated Suns citizens, the 42nd spent most of the FedCom Civil War on Poulsbo. They were respected by their Lyran counterparts, and not harassed through most of the conflict. Towards the end of the fight, the 42nd repelled the Penobscot CTM from taking Timbiqui, and then followed the CTM to Cavanaugh II. There, the 42nd destroyed the Penobscot CTM. The Hussars then joined up with the pro-Victor forces already on the world (the 10th Lyran Regulars and ComStar's 182nd Division to plan how they would take it. After the FedCom Civil War, they redeployed to their new duty station on Mayetta. The 42nd's personnel were also the unofficial distributors of new brews from the Raasch Brewhaus, a brewery on Timbiqui.
The 42nd spent much of the Jihad garrisoning Tikonov after the world was attacked by Word of Blake and CCAF nuclear weapons. The 42nd was directly involved in the reconstitution of the 1st and 2nd Avalon Hussars; while the two units were forming, the 42nd adopted a kind of "big brother" role to the two formations, moving constantly around the border of the Word of Blake Protectorate with one or other unit in tow. Under the guidance and watchful eye of the 42nd, both new formations coalesced into cohesive Light Combat Teams while gaining valuable combat experience and gathering information of importance to the allied Coalition. By 3085 the 42nd had been re-based on the world of Shoreham, close to the border with the Capellan Confederation. Unfortunately for the 42nd, despite their experience, a recent raid performed by a battalion from the 1st Capellan Defense Force which struck at Shoreham saw the 42nd comprehensilve outmaneuvered in their heavier machines, before the 1st CDF escaped with a haul of coolant and autocannon ammunition.
The 42nd Avalon Hussars are experts in preparing a battlefield, they often used minefields and prepared positions to maximize the damage they could inflict on the enemy.
 Composition History
42nd Avalon Hussars RCT (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Marhsal Henry Offendahl
42nd Avalon Hussars RCT (Regular/Reliable)
 3050 to 3054
- CO: Hauptmann General Roger Waters
- CO: Lieutenant General Edwin May
- Aide: Colonel Brooke Hasey
- A full battalion of Heavy and Assault 'Mechs
- Lieutenant General: Manoj Kujawa
- 40th Federation Attack Wing
- 160th Crucis Interceptor Wing
42nd Avalon Hussars Armor Brigade (5 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant-General: Kirby Pethan
- Aide: Colonel Jeremiah Litzau
- 68th Avalon Heavy Armor Regiment: Colonel Norbert Kozey
- 83rd Federation Artillery Regiment: Colonel Reubena Prochnow
- 201st Light Armor Regiment: Colonel: Ernest McCluskey
- 222nd Lyran Recon Regiment: Lieutenant General: L. Samuel Henes
- 7th F-C Armor Regiment: Colonel Reuben Caliteux
- One Artillery Regiment
42nd Avalon Hussars Infantry Regiment (7 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General: Sara Steiner-Dauer
- Aide: Colonel Kirk Suchenko
- 19th F-C Battle Armor Battalion: Lieutenant Hu Xin
- 61st Avalon Rangers: Colonel Robert Proeber
- 13th Northfield Commandos: Colonel Malachi Enge
- 109th Federation Mechanized Infantry: Colonel Nain Corriveau
- 111th Tamar Mechanized Infantry Regiment: Colonel Brian Elvinn
- 49th Alliance Jump Regiment: Lieutenant-Colonel Lorenzo Grahovac
- 598th New Avalon Mechanized Rifles: Lieutnant-Colonel Amanda King
42nd Avalon Hussars RCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: General Edwin May
42nd Avalon Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Manoj Kujawa
42nd Avalon Hussars Armor Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Kirby Pethan
42nd Avalon Hussars Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Sarah Steiner-Dauer
After the horrors of the Jihad, the 42nd found itself reduced from a reinforced regiment to a two battalion formation. The unique fire support assault Mech battalion was replaced by a unit of assault armor. The two remaining 'Mech battalions are full of heavy 'Mechs. (The two battalions reassigned by the High Command formed the core of the 1st Avalon Hussars and 2nd Avalon Hussars.) Overall, the unit was only 15% below it's pre-Jihad strength.
42nd Avalon Hussars LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: General Brooke Hasey
42nd Avalon Hussars Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Commodore Skip Clancey
42nd Avalon Hussars Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Sparkle Reid
42nd Avalon Hussars Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Percy Roux
 Unit Notes
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 30
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 85, "Kingston's Legionnaires" - Seige of Fletcher, Avalon Hussars hammer the Legionnaires.
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 86, "Trimaldi's Secutors attempt fend of raid from elements of the 42nd Avalon Hussars".
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 86, "Seige of Thomas".
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 58, "42nd Avalon Hussars Unit Profile"
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 162
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Field Manual: Updates, p. 141, "Mayetta PDZ"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 126
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Field Report: AFFS, p. 9
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 57, "Avalon Hussars"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 29, "Capellan Defense Force"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Bremond PDZ"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 20 Year Update, p. 28, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Objective Raids, p. 20, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 Field Manual: 3085, p. 70, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 135
- 20 Year Update
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Federated Suns
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Irrepleacable BattleCorps story by Jason Hansa
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised