42nd BattleMech (Clan Hell's Horses)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|42nd BattleMech Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
The Forty-second was responsible for killing Khan Vladimir Ward in 3083. This led them to have a very high opinion of themselves, bordering on arrogance. As a result, the Horse's commanders stuck the Forty-second with a series of lower quality recruits and limited their deployments to the Horse's border with The Barrens. When the Forty-second was excluded from the Horse's invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth, Star Colonel Cobb issued a Trial of Grievance against Khan Amirault. The unit was assigned to invade Hesperus II, where they were part of heavy combat with Clan Wolf forces. The Wolves discovered the Forty-second was fighting and increased their efforts to destroy the unit. The Forty-second was able to come through the fighting relatively intact. As they returned to the Hell's Horses occupation zone, they clashed with Clan Jade Falcon forces on Hyperion and Blue Diamond. They then took up a garrison position on Feltre.
- CO: Galaxy Commander Francesca Cooper
42nd BattleMech Cluster (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Tammy DelVillar
In the Dark Age era, the Forty-second can use the Force the Initiative special ability and they ignore all Forced Withdrawal rules. To reflect their MechWarrior's arrogance, three out of every five MechWarriors roll their skills on the Inner Sphere table instead of the Clan skills table.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 210
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 61
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 72, "42nd BattleMech Cluster Profile"