42nd Hussar Regiment
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|42nd Light Hussar Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||1st Regimental Combat Team|
The Forty-second Hussar Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2765, the unit was assigned, as a part of the IV Corps, Tenth Army, to District 3 of the Free Worlds League Military Region. The Forty-second formed part of the First Regimental Combat Team, along with the 75th Light Horse Regiment, 138th Dragoon Regiment, and 195th Royal Light Horse Regiment. It was later moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery..
New Home was assaulted in March 2775 the Forty-second Hussar Regiment was part of the advance force. They arrived via a pirate point after the initial naval engagement and secured the landing zones of the Twenty-fourth Army Group. 
For the attack on Caph in 2776 the Forty-second Hussar Regiment were once again in the vanguard of the attack. They dropped on to the planet after the Star League Fleet had bombarded the SDS batteries and AEAF bases. Their first task was to immediately engage Republican forces that had been positioned outside the largest and most strategic fortifications, allowing them to be targeted from orbit or by the two supporting air groups. The defenders countered with nuclear strikes destroying the Tenth Volunteer Brigade that also made up part of the spearhead. The remaining troops hung on long enough for the reinforcements of the Third Army to land.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 126
- The Star League, p. 143, "Tenth"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 49-50
- The Star League, p. 133