42nd Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|42nd Vanguard Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||The Fire Ants|
|Parent Formation||Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline|
In 3067 two clusters from Kindraa Mick-Kreese joined Iota Galaxy of Clan Blood Spirit for an assault on Clan Star Adder on Tathis. Jealousy prompted Kindraa Kilne to send the 27th Vanguard Battle, 31st Vanguard Striker and 42nd Vanguard Battle Clusters to join the assault. Joining the battle late, Kindraa Kline dropped into the middle of the combat, and the resulting confusion inflicted heavy losses on everyone involved, with many incidents of friendly fire. The Kindraa Kline forces took seventy-five percent casualties.
The exact history of the clusters participation in the Wars of Reaving is uncertain. If they survived the disastrous fighting during 3071 is not known. If they did they certainly did not survive the Vipers call for a Trial of Reaving against Kindraa Mick-Kline-Kreese-Sainze in January 3072.
The Conventional forces include minelayers, artillery and Anti-Mech Jump troops. They try to make any area they control too inhospitable for anything but heavy combat.
Forty-second Vanguard Battle - Regular/Reliable
- 5 Trinaries :
Forty-second Vanguard Battle - Veteran/Reliable 
- 100% full strength
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150, "Kindra Kline"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 76, "Clan Fire Mandrill"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 40
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 17, "Monkey in the Middle"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 43
- Wars of Reaving, p. 91, "Death Rides Forth"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 51, "Unit Profile"