44th Hector Cavaliers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|44th Hector Cavaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3074)|
|Parent Formation||Theta Galaxy|
In 3059, the unit existed in name only, the Forty-fourth had its component Stars doled out to protect merchant vessels. The extent of this was such that some high-ranking officers questioned whether the warriors within this cluster were more loyal to the merchant caste than their own. The Cluster had been noted having never fought together as whole. The cluster's principal garrison base had been Atreus in the Kerensky Cluster.
In 3067, the cluster had only seen action against bandits and pirates, with some of its components used in trade missions like the rest of Theta Galaxy. Intelligence reports suggested that some of the cluster's component commands being used as escorts for the Clan's merchant caste were travelling to the Tanite Worlds. However, it was believed that any units that were dispatched to those worlds would never return, as none had during this time period.
During 3068 and 3071 the Custer was rotated across all of the Clan's holdings in the homeworlds in an attempt to confuse the other Clans as to its true strength and cover the troop movements to the Inner Sphere. In August 3071 the Cluster lost a binary of warriors to Clan Steel Viper on New Kent.
- CO: Star Captain Grey
44th Hector Cavaliers (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Tabitha
Note: The Cluster had a diversity of technology levels among its TO&E. Only 65% of the Cluster was fitted with Clan technology, while 35% utilized Star League and lesser-grade equipment.
As of this writing, it unknown what happened to the Forty-Fourth Hector Cavaliers or its parent Galaxy during the Jihad. Theta Galaxy did not participate in the invasion of Clan Jade Falcon's Occupation Zone in 3072.
Field Manual: Crusader Clans allows characters whom are assigned to the Cavaliers (using MechWarrior II RPG rules) to purchase following skill points for half cost due to Clusters exposure to its merchant caste: Appraisal, Negotiation, and Scrounge.
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 89, "Theta Galaxy" - 44th Hector Cavaliers background info.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 47, "Theta Galaxy info".
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- Wars of Reaving, p. 106
- Wars of Reaving, p. 98
- Wars of Reaving, p. 110-111
- Wars of Reaving, p. 129
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, pp. 59, 153 - Theta Galaxy deployment tables as of 3059. Star Captain Grey noted not being actual commander in fluff.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 72, "Deployment Table for the Clan Ice Hellion".
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 117, "Rules Annex/Theta Galaxy"