45th New Samarkand Regulars
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|Forty-fifth New Samarkand Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Nickname||Spawned in Darkness|
|Parent Formation||New Samarkand Regulars|
The Forty-fifth Dieron Regulars was established in 3058, along with its sister unit the Forty-fourth Dieron Regulars. However, unlike the Forty-fourth, the Forty-fifth did not receive top notch equipment. Due to the demands of other high priority regiments and mismanagemnt within the logistics chain the Procurement Department of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery sent unassembled BattleMechs with some new technologies to the newly-forming regiment. The Bureau of Substitution, which handled personnal assignments for the DCMS, didn't send the best troops to the Forty-fifth due to the low quality of the equipment it had been given. The Procurement Department later cited that due to lack of good-quality troops, good quality equipment would be wasted on an inferior regiment.
When the Forty-fifth became active in late 3058 the unit's battle roster was almost a mirror image of the old Legion of Vega-style units. The Forty-fifth's informal nickname of "Iota's Irregular" stemmed from a company of MechWarriors spray-painting their nicknames on the back of their 'Mechs. The Regiment's commander was reprimanded due to his warriors moving on to using their spray-cans to paint Draconis Combine and Dieron Military District's crests on their machines.
The unit's Second Battalion soon began showing signs of developing a gang mentality due to its lack of resources. Its second company commander, Tai-i Loveday, used his own efforts to acquire parts for the regiment. It was solely through his efforts that the Forty-fith aquired upgrades such as Swarm and Thunder LRM parts. Tai-sa Iota worked to cover Tai-i Loveday from being investigated, but Loveday's yakuza connections drew the attention of the Internal Security Force. Being viewed as gang also lead the second company to develop gang tactics for use in the field.
FedCom Civil War
The Forty-Fifth defended Ashio from the First Robinson Rangers in late 3064 with assistance from the Twelfth Dieron Regulars. Due to the action of the Forty-fifth and the destruction of the Forty-fourth and Twenty-second Dieron Regulars the Forty-fifth went on to received refits and upgrades for its equipment.
In April 3069, the unit was on the world of Moore when it was attacked by the Word of Blake's Twenty-third Division. The battle became known as the Day of Fire, where Forty-fifth was fought in the swamps outside the planetary capital of Shizuoka. The Forty-fifth was reported to have been utterly destroyed by an accidental chemical explosion, along with one of the Twenty-third's Level III formations.
The Dark Age
Having nearly been destroyed as a regiment during the Jihad - not by enemy action, but due to bookkeeping errors - the Forty-fifth was reborn in the Dark Age as the redesignated Forty-fifth New Samarkand Regulars. During the Jihad the Forty-fifth suffered from being incorrectly listed as destroyed by some sources, whilst others listed the regiment as supporters of the Kokuryu-kai. While all of these reports were in error, the result was that the Forty-fifth were denuded of supplies and replacement personnel. The regiment was in such a poor state at the end of the Jihad that some called for it to be disbanded, regardless of its true status - but the determination expressed by the warriors of the Forty-fifth to refuse to give in made the regiment a prime candidate for the newly-formed New Samarkand Military District.
In 3145 the Forty-fifth was stationed on Bremond. The Forty-fifth was once a specialist in small unit tactics, but by this time they had become adept at large-scale operations. Despite only having two 'Mech battalions, they took Bremond with few losses due to this coordination.
The Forty-fifth was commanded by Tai-sa Angella Siu.
The Regiment utilitizes splitting the regiment into company size forces and breaking down enemy force like wise. Also, some elements of the regiment have developed individual tactics where two 'Mechs physically restraining one enemy 'Mech while others elminiate the enemy.
- CO/First Battalion: Tai-sa Sebastion Iota
- XO: Chu-sa Dwayne Kristian
- Second Battalion: Chu-sa Lance Y'uang-Wu
- Third Company: Tai-i Russ Loveday
- Third Battalion: Chu-sa Bobbi Hartford
- Wing Commander: Tai-sa Leto Kallahvena
-The unit is 20 percent upgrade and spotting a few new C3 systems.
Thirty-second Odabasi Fast Armor (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Paul Blake
Nineteenth Pesht Regular Infantry (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander: Tai-sa Tom Tahuklu
-12 artillery pieces make the life for the infantry easier and for the enemy difficult.
Forty-fifth Dieron Regulars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Sebastion Iota
Forty-fifth Dieron Aerospace Wing (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Leto Kallahvena
Thirty-second Odabasi Fast Armor (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Donovan Montoya
Nineteenth Pesht Regular Infantry (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Katana Logan
At this point the Forty-fifth were stationed on the planet Moore.
- Forty-fifth Dieron Regulars (Green/Questionable)
By 3079 the Forty-fifth had been reduced to approximately five percent of it's pre-Jihad strength; stationed on New Samarkand as a "paper tiger", the Forty-fifth had yet to receive any new recruits or replacement equipment after the "Day of Fire" ten years before.
Forty-fifth New Samarkand Regulars (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Tai-sa Keiko Yamauchi
- CO: Tai-sa Kyou Yamauchi
Thirty-second Odabasi Fast Armor (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Tai-sa Forbes Arrighetti
Forty-fifth New Samarkand Infantry (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Xolani Refilwe
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 41, "New Samarkand Regulars"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 58, "45th Dieron Regulars"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 58, "Unit informal nickname is given".
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 100, "23rd Division" unit profile.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 65
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 55
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 50, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 9, "Dieron Regulars"