48th Jump Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|48th Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2766)|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The Forty-Eighth Jump Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The Forty-Eighth was a part of the XVIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to an undisclosed world in the Magistracy of Canopus territorial state. The Forty-Eighth was caught up in the rebellion that followed the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 and suffered heavy casualties. The Forty-Eighth disbanded as a result, with two Battalions of the division joining the rebels. These rogue elements were destroyed in combat in 2767
As an SLDF jump infantry division the Forty-Eighth would have been composed of two brigades of jump troops and a brigade of 'Mechs; the Forty-Eighth would also have had two Ground Aero Wings to protect and carry the infantry.
- The Star League, p. 155
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133