49th Battle (Clan Coyote)
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|49th Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3073)|
|Parent Formation||Epsilon Galaxy|
By August 3071 the cluster had taken up position on Marshall along with the 12th Battle Cluster. By December they had moved again to Paxon when the Scarlet Guards landed on planet to contest a former Clan Wolf BattleMech and ProtoMech factory. Unfortunately during the fighting the Guards stumbled into a previously unknown Clan Diamond Shark civilian encampment accidentally killing over 600 people. The incensed Shark defenders launched themselves in to a three way fight, from which only two stars of Guard ProtoMechs survived. The Forty-ninth destroyed the Shark force and turned their attention to the Blood Spirits. As the Guard retreated they were cut down by half by the surviving Coyote warriors. At the end of the battle the Forty-ninth were a spent force with only a Star and a half on 'Mechs and Elementals left.
The cluster often attacks in waves or uses flank attacks.
Forty-ninth Battle Cluster - Veteran
Forty-ninth Battle Cluster - Veteran/Questionable
- 80% full strength with 75% of the force equipped with OmniMechs.
All 'Mechs mount searchlights.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 51, "49th Battle Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 162
- Field Manual: Update, p. 76, "Clan Coyote Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 70
- The Wars of Reaving, p.82-83
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 130-131
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 178