4th Andurien Cavalry
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Fourth Andurien Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Cavalry|
Primarily an anti-pirate force, they were stationed on El Giza as part of a larger effort to defend against raiders. They and the Second Andurien Guard on Mosiro are able to provide each other with support if required.
Capellan Raid of El Giza of 3082
In the early 3080s, the 4th Andurien was assigned to the Mosiro Archipelago as part of Duchy's efforts bolster its ally states defenses.
In late 3082, Capellan Confederation dispatched a probing force to world of El Giza as part of their efforts to create a buffer between fractured Free Worlds League states. The Cavalry conceived a trap to harass the Capellan Light 'Mech Company into a trap. The unit dispatched a lance of Aeron Strike VTOLs to snipe at the incoming Liao 'Mechs. These VTOLs managed to dispatch three of Liao BattleMechs while drive the rest of the Capellans into the Cavalry's ambush. The Cavalry was able to effectively wipe out the entire company, leaving Liao DropShip leave empty.
Convenant Worlds Invasion
In June 3137, during the Andurien War against Oriente, the Fourth fought the Covenant Worlds 1st Expeditionary Force. The unit fought the invaders using hit-and-run tactics instead of immediately falling back to regroup with their larger sister unit on Mosiro.
Striking from hidden bases, the Fourth exploited the planetary geography of El Giza, particularly its tall grasslands, hidden ravines and the ruins of ancient cities to successfully harass the Covenant Worlds Expeditionary Force. In doing so, the Fourth bought an extra week's worth of preparation time for the Second Guard on Andurien.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Andurien Guards|
The Fourth's best known tactic is called "The Sweep." The Fourth deploys most of their assets at one point of their opponent's line, overwhelming them with sheer numbers, while the rest of the Fourth moves in from a different direction. The Sweep was moderately successful on El Giza, but the Fourth did sustain heavy losses.
- CO: Colonel Moses Page
Eighth Andurien Aerospace Regiment (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Jamel Patrick
Thiry-third Andurien Tank Regiment (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Luigi Cote
Seventeenth Andurien Infantry Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Jerome Sherman
It is not known if the unit was destroyed after its defeat in 3137.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplement, p. 12, "Action on El Giza noted in Aeron's background"
- To Ride the Chimera, p. 186, "Nickname revealed"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 28, 38, "ABS-5Y Anubis/LI-O Vandal"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 114, "Andurien Cavalry - Fourth Andurien Cavalry"