4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Formed||2827, Between 3113 and 3134|
The first mention of the Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry was fighting Wolf's Dragoons on Styk in late 3006 and early 3007. As of 3025 they were listed as defending New Canton, Elgin, and Styk at battalion strength. During the Fourth Succession War two of the battalions were destroyed and a third not engaged. . At some point after this they were disbanded and were only reconstituted sometime between 3113 and 3134.
Third Succession War
Raid on Styk
When Wolf’s Dragoons launched a raid on the 'Mech construction facility at Hegemony Bay on the planet Styk in late 3006 they were met by the 4th Reserve. The Dragoons used a diversionary attack on a nearby dam to lure the 4th Reserve away from defense of the facility. When the unit returned they engaged hover units of the Dragoons and eventually pushed their way back into the city but not after heavy damage was inflicted.
Fourth Succession War
When the Avalon Hussars of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns landed on Styk they faced the Third Battalion of the 4th Reserve along with a 'Mech and Infantry Battalion from House Fujita assigned to defend the important Tao 'Mechworks facility. The inexperienced warriors of the 4th Reserve fell into a classic ambush and were quickly destroyed or forced to surrender. 
The Screaming Eagles mercenary force occupied New Canton and battled with the First Battalion of the 4th Reserve and the Third Battalion of Trimaldi's Secutors in guerrilla-style engagements in the jungles of the northern continent. When the Eagles finally caught up with the 4th Reserve and cornered them up against a river the unit surrendered. After the surrender the commander of the Eagles, Colonel Opson Mathis, ordered the 'Mechs of the 4th Reserve disabled, sealed the pilots in their cockpits, and murdered them by pushing them into the river.
The Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry was created in secret sometime before 3134 as one of the Hidden Lion regiments formed by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. This new CRC unit uses the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They are a second-line regiment of the Sian Commonality.
As of 3145 during their operations with Warrior House Hiritsu, the Fourth CRC would divide the regiment into two flanking columns and attempt to envelope enemy formations. This allowed for them to pin those formations on to Warrior House Hiritsu to destroy.
- 1st Battalion – CO: Unknown
- 2nd Battalion – CO: Unknown
- 3rd Battalion – CO: Unknown
4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Gweilung Pham
Ox-Head Flight (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Amerigo Schoch
4th Cavalry Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Yuk Lan Cheung
4th Cavalry Auxiliary (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Wladyslaw Dolata
As of 3145, The Fourth CRC trims their equipment bone white, and uses a bull’s skull as their emblem.
The unit has a preponderance of fast medium and light battlemechs.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 39, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 9, "Raid on Styk"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation, p. 105, "Regimental Deployment"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 102, " Capellan Casualties"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 2, "Styk"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries (Revised), p. 99, "Screaming Eagles: Soiled Honor"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 78, "Capellan March Brigade"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"
- House Liao (Confederation Capella), p. 105