4th Filtvelt Citizen's Militia
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|Fourth Filtvelt Citizen's Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Fourth Filtvelt Defenders|
|Parent Formation||Filtvelt Citizen's Militia|
The Dark Age
Added to the Filtvelt Citizen's Militia during the Dark Age, the Fourth Filtvelt Citizen's Militia - also known as the Fourth Filtvelt Defenders - had been assigned to the world of Mararn by the mid-thirty-second century, which would prove a challenge for the unit.
Mararn was located in a tactically significant location, making it a natural entry point into the Filtvelt Coalition from the direction of the Calderon Protectorate. This made it a natural target for pirates, despite Mararn itself being a dry, resource-poor world. In 3145 the Fourth was operating at a battalion level on Mararn; one battaltion was assigned to protect the planetary capital, and a second was assigned to protecting the water wells. All of the Fourth's infantry were being used as zero-gravity marines, assigned to the third battalion and posted on or near the recharge station at the nadir jump point; from there, they were responsible for attacking incoming pirate spacecraft.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 197, "Filtvelt Coalition"
- Catalyst Game Labs: Ask The Writers, 14 February 2014, "Filtvelt Coalition Military - Jihad Hot Spots: 3076/Field Report: Periphery"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 203, "Filtvelt Coalition"