4th Fleet (SLDF)
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||SLDF Naval Command|
The Fourth Fleet was assigned to the Draconis Combine region of the Star League prior to the Periphery Uprising and the Amaris Civil War, and generally enjoyed far more amicable relations with its counterparts from the Combine than the SLDF ground forces assigned to the Combine did. The Fourth Fleet held a number of unofficial exercises with their Combine counterparts, a product of the friendly rivalry that had become established between the various squadrons of the Fourth Fleet and their opposite numbers.
Fourth Fleet's home port was established on Halstead Station. As their main job was to show the Star League flag, they spent most of their time in travel. The fleet would deploy one squadron along the Combine/Lyran Commonwealth border, a second along the Combine/Terran Hegemony border, while a third was patrolling the Combine/Federated Suns border. The fourth squadron would visit each of the Combine's military districts, checking up on SLDF garrisons, meeting Combine officials, and touring the district capitals. The Draconis Combine Admiralty assigned a squadron of their own to shadow each squadron of the Fourth Fleet. These shadowing squadrons would occasionally engage in informal joint exercises or short term officer exchange programs, which led to the good relations the Fourth had with the DCA.
The Fourth Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 41st Line Squadron (Thor's Hammers)
- CO: Vice Admiral Desmond Jecks
- 42nd Escort Squadron (Star Paladins)
- Lead Ship: SLS Saturn - CO: Vice Admiral Quentin Puttock
- 43rd Interdiction Squadron (Solar Wind)
- Lead Ship: SLS Keckenburg - CO: Vice Admiral Prudence Furnshill
- 44th Pursuit Squadron (The Fly Swatters)
- CO: Vice Admiral Jean-Paul Moreau
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 46, "Fourth Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 76