4th Galedon Regulars
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|4th Galedon Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||Galedon Regulars|
The 4th Galedon Regulars were active during the Reunification War, acting as one of several DCMS BattleMech regiments assigned to an ad-hoc corps in support of the Star League Defense Force task force responsible for invading the Outworlds Alliance. This invasion, named Operation UNION HOLD, saw the 4th Galedon tasked with the conquest of several Alliance worlds.
The invasion of Tabayama began in August 2581 when the 4th Galedon Regulars landed on the world as a part of the first wave of attacks on the Alliance. The governor of Tabayama, a man named Hiroshi Bartusiak, was a pro-Combine individual who had been communicating with the governors of neighboring Combine worlds and with the commander of the DCMS corps assigned to the Outworlds Alliance Task Force, preparing the way for Tabayama to be incorporated into the Combine. Despite Bartusiak's protests, the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Militia had stationed elements of the Alliance 1st Armored Division on Tabayama; Bartusiak provided the 4th Galedon Regulars with the information needed to capture the 1st Armored Division DropShips, which should have lead to a quick resolution. Instead, the local population rose up in protest against Bartusiak and the presence of the 4th Galedon Regulars, and the 1st Armored Division used this as cover to conduct attacks on the 4th Galedon. The 4th Galedon Regulars responded by using mass BattleMech maneuvers and live fire to disrupt and break up protests, drawing the 1st Division into a battle around the city of Yamabad; while the 1st Armored Division managed to capture the Yamabad spaceport and evacuate two companies of armor and 2,000 civilians, the 4th Galedon Regulars had destroyed the better part of two battalions of Alliance armor and claimed Tabayama.
When the 4th Galedon Regulars landed on Nexus Ri, they found that the Alliance defences were stronger and deeper than originally anticipated. The 4th Galedon Regulars had the support of paired regiments of armor and infantry; facing them were the Alliance 2nd Armored Division, backed up a militia that had armor and heavy infantry support plus a handful of Alliance light BattleMechs. While the militia units lacked experience, they had been trained well by advisors from the AFFS provided by the Federated Suns under the Tancredi Accord, and had superior numbers on their side. This lead to a conventional war, with the 4th Galedon Regulars making swift gains initially, but with the Alliance forces constantly using their greater numbers to surround the 4th and limit their movements. The 4th Galedon Regulars had access to a stronger supply chain than the Alliance forces and ground the resistance down, forcing the 2nd Armored Division to leave Nexus Ri in January 2583.
The battle for Quantraine in late 2583 was similar to that for Nexus Ri; the 4th Galedon Regulars were ordered to conquer Quantraine in the face of entrenched Outworlds Alliance Militia and planetary militia forces. This time, the Alliance forces were more heavily dug in, and present in greater numbers than on Nexus Ri; to make matters worse for the 4th Galedon Regulars, they were unable to draw on the same supply chain that had sustained them during the conquest of Nexus Ri. Despite the best efforts of the 4th Galedon Regulars they were unable to conquer Quantraine, but the commander of the DCMS forces in the Task Force reported the 4th Galedon Regulars' campaign as a completely successful reconnaissance raid which had inflicted heavy damage on the Alliance forces.
The 4th Galedon Regulars would remain on Nexus Ri as an occupying garrison until the end of the war.
First Succession War
The 4th Galedon Regulars participated in the assault against the Federated Suns in 2787. At some time during the Combine assault or the Federated Suns counter offensive, the 4th Galedon Regulars were destroyed.
- The 4th Galedon Regulars receive a +1 bonus to any physical attack To-hit Rolls.
- The 4th Galedon Regulars are not subject to forced withdrawal rules, and will not break.
- The 4th Galedon Regulars receive a -1 penalty to any roll made to determine the availability of advanced components, replacement equipment or supplies.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 113, "Tabayama"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 121-122, "Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Kurita's Overeager Appetite"
- First Succession War, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 182, "Galedon Regulars"